HangsFromSky batch 3 build log

I tried hot glue on my also, but I ended up just reprinting the handle and making the hole smaller so it pinches tighter on the cable.

I think You could use zip ties to the backplate. Either through some of the holes or to a stand off. And then make a loop and zip tie again that way if you do yank and it pulls through the zip tie it just shortens the loop. I think thatā€™s what I saw glider pilot use in his.

Yeah, I zip tied to the carbon plate. But as for the controller side I have batch 2 and the wires fit tight through the hole.

I tied a know right before where the cable exits the case:

I posted a couple of other issues in a separate thread: (Throttle-)Cable issues

2 Likes

For reasons, gonna bail out of this project.
For Sale: Batch 3 OpenPPG, in flying condition.
4 Bonkaā€™s, H825ACDUO charger, Apco Split leg harness, Ozone Roadster 3 26 Blue/yellow/Magenta (very low airtime).
Flown only 5 (and a half) times. In ready to fly condition. Build pics and flight videos above.
My cost in excess $8,300. First $5,500 takes the lot.
PM if interested.

Wow. Sorry to hear it and - ā– ā– ā– ā–  man! 6 months ago Iā€™d have snapped it up.

Picking up where @HangsFromSky left off, I made a fix to his fix, since I managed to break one. I replicated the delrin fix but this time in black. This uses the 30mm bolt version of the 3D printed hoop connector from @GliderPilot (BE CAREFUL - very thin tips - #59 by GliderPilot). I am pretty pleased with the results.

Video:

5 Likes

Nicely done! The black definitely looks better.

Nice Job ! Where did you find the stl for the 3d printed parts ? Can you point me to ?

Here is a link to my most recent fix (including the stl files) which are much stronger and closer to how batch 4 and greater are made. However, This fix requires shortening the hoop sections because the arms are shorter.

The stl files for the design that doesnā€™t require shortening the arms are here:

3 Likes