The E-Pusher Build(Batch3)

Got my Orange spacers today - got to have some bling, right!

3 Likes

it bugged me too much – had to do it!
Thx for all the safety advice – but I believe the risk was minimal if any at all when all together for flying

2 Likes

How does it feel if you push on the arms? Still just as stiff as before?

What is that clear plastic piece? My props go through both the front and back plate.

I did not do a test where I was stressing arms all that much, just a little while the unit was standing up – felt the same to me.
cheers

Glad you pointed that out – I will redo the layout to accommodate folding - thx
Will copy your design somewhat but using these fuse holders I found as my lug points.

Also trying to figure out a way to have both switches on one side

Are those lug points touching carbon? My understanding is that carbon conducts electricity.

1 Like

Isolated by rubber pads but I am going to add an extra layer of something.
Cheers

1 Like

@E-pusher from my past experience, I would have completed the unit as is, and only make little modifications, that had actually been tested before, then fly the thing, and start improving after you experienced on your own, what could be better.

You’re introducing a lot of new things at the same time, without even having completed the build and flown that thing.

The issue that this might cause has been shown to you by @GliderPilot : he noticed that you placed your fuse-holders in the wrong place, the place where actually the props go, when folded up.

This, and many more things are not in your awareness as you have never completed the build, and never flown the thing, before!

@gliderpilot has introduced most (if not all) modifications and improvements (aside from @Pdwhite and @zjwhitehead), but he has done so, after he has been USING the system and gained some experience already.

I just hope that you are not… - and we have a perfect word for what I mean in German: verschlimmbessern (= disimprove - to improve for the worse, to make something worse by trying to improve it).

Anyways, it’s your project, your money, and this was just my two cents.

3 Likes

Great word @etienne If only it was easy to remember and pronounce! I’m going to use your translation though. Disimprove may not be a real word in English but it so needs to be :slight_smile:
Paul

Thx for your input.
Cheers

1 Like

I am way behind on my build - lots of stuff going on so this got put on the back burner. Hoping to catch up soon and get this thing out for a test run.
Cheers

E pusher I bought the same batteries you did at 75% power running on 2 batteries one cell will become damaged. 4 batteries gets you max throttle for about 4 sec, before a cell in each set of parallel batteries gets damaged. Better to only test it with the 6 otherwise I’m expecting the same failure for you.

Are the cells getting damaged or the joints unsoldering? Or both? What is the C rating “supposed to be” on those batteries?

Supposed to be 25c I don’t know I’ll have to open one of the packs to find out. My smart charger says 0v then 5v on each damaged cell and some of the cells next to them.

haha… When I used to work on cars and model airplanes with a friend of mine he used to call this “Gregging” :relaxed::roll_eyes: As in: “Are you finished gregging it yet?”

For my Batch 4 build I plan to avoid this. The last thing I want to do it attempt to fix a perfectly good design.

1 Like

E-Pusher, do these batteries work better than the Bonkas? Thoughts?

No – dont order them – I have had problems Cells not being seen on 3 of them.

1 Like

If you open the pack like I did you will se that the cells became detached. The metal strip that connects them was melted like a fuse.

1 Like