Order fulfillment sp140 ? When?

They are not as150 connectors. They can do 200a plus continuous and when I tested them I couldn’t even get them warm. Plus you don’t just fly around at 25kw of power continuously anyway. So they are plenty fine.

1 Like

Cool. I know that 150 amps would easily handle the average current(roughly 50 amps) and for 99% of situations it would be just fine. But for manned aviation use and those very rare situations, I was concerned about them handling almost twice their current rating for the initial takeoff and climb. That does make me feel better as 200 amps is more than enough.

Thanks for the update. Picture quality was more than acceptable. We don’t expect studio quality from production updates. “Just the facts ma’am.”

Looks so simple and clean, that battery looks beautiful awesome job guys!

3 Likes

Love the colors. Looks sharp.

1 Like

WOW more so now than ever this definetly looks like it was worth the wait , id better start selling off my DIY EEPG gear and join the queue . cos after seeing that clip theres a lot of drooling coming your way :slight_smile: Very Nice and Looks like a winner

1 Like

It really is all about that battery isn’t it? Everything else seems to be designed around and in support of that part.

1 Like

The batteries are definitely a critical component. You can’t fly without a battery but you also can’t without the motor or ESC, a good controller or a strong frame. So it’s just a mix of things, but I would say about a 20-30% of the time and effort had to go to the battery.

bats are done now so working on the frames.

6 Likes

The battery is very important (and can be replaced with higher power density units in the future), but from what I understand the ESC is a custom build for this unit as is the throttle and throttle software ( I believe Glydrfreak was a contributor to the throttle code.) Basically, Paul and Zach and some other very talented people have come up with a really clean/optimal design that I can’t wait to fly! These are exciting times! Thank you, Paul and Zach for being so good at what you do and for putting in the time to create this machine! Bill

1 Like

I think that 90% of the esc is the 24s 300amp esc that APD makes. The only difference is that the metal case is customize specifically for the sp140 and maybe a few of the internal components. To me this still doesn’t change how impressive the sp140 is.

1 Like

Small changes can make a big difference in the long run. I’ll bet that the mods that they made were well thought out. It is really a beautiful machine. Bill

Also let me know what specific things you guys want to see up close and when we take a break I can try to add some more pics and info to a new thread.
Obviously we’ll be working on some marketing videos etc too but not till later.

Maybe how the motor mounts to the ESC bracket and how the ESC bracket mounts to the frame…but really, anything y’all want to post. Thanks!

I still want to get some updated numbers on weight

Pictures of a fully assembled unit plus weight would be great! Excellent work so far, can’t wait to get my unit.

Made them these vids earlier today didn’t see your posts till now but these should cover some of the things.

15 Likes

Wow, I’m really impressed, this unit looks great! You guys should really be proud of what you’ve done so far. :slight_smile:
Can’t wait to see the user videos and excitement around it as people get their hands on them.

2 Likes

Here’s a close up of the charger

You can see it’s outputting close to 10amps and is currently at 99v. Its smart enough to control the amperage and voltage simultaneously to make sure to supply a healthy charge.
For those in regions that use 240v outlets we have a version for you too!

5 Likes

Here’s a closer look at the ESC mounting. The battery goes is removed to see the full frame.

6 Likes