Order fulfillment sp140 ? When?

Thanks, Zach, a really clean design! Looks great! My “ice” unit is down and in many pieces at the moment. :confused: The 140 is going to arrive at just the right time! Can’t wait! :+1::+1::+1: Bill

1 Like

Looks Awesome! Can you show us, how the autopilot function works?

My x4 is getting jealous

1 Like

This looks really good!

Would the exposed contacts on the ESC be an electrocution risk with the 100V pack? Not a problem with motor on the back, just when battery is plugged while motor on ground.

1 Like

Same here! :smiley:

1 Like

I’m half surprised you went with the 34kv motor as the 40kv version is still capable of swinging a 60x20 prop at nearly 3k rpm. I was thinking in my amateur thought process that a 140cm prop (55 inch prop) would have under-loaded the 34kv motor. Apparently I was wrong.

That is a nice clean setup😍

1 Like

Got a call from Paul confirming my order. It is happening folks! So excited. Tested my paratrailet solar system and it did well. I should be able to power my SP140 off solar.

4 Likes

Same here. Can’t wait to see what flight times people are getting with chill and sport mode (and obviously the bigger battery). I’m a newbie, ground kiting and excited about this. Switched all my lawn equipment to electric, electric commuter bike with belt and internal hub, waiting for EV truck and now this. I’m saying this because I’m a really BIG fan of reduced maintenance and all the new added features - I mean that controller is AMAZING.

2 Likes

That’s a lot of solar!

Not really. I have the 2kw battery for the SP140. My 100ah pack is about 2.9 kw. My two 360watt panels are keeping the battery charged around 75%. At max LiFePo4 cell voltage (3.65) my “24v” system will be at 29.2v or 2920 watts. I stll need to do a cpacity test on this pack. I am going to double the panels count on the roof so I should be be to reach at least 2.8kw or so in this pack which is enough to charge a 30 min battery and some change. The weather is the big ubpredictable thing here. I am sure at Flying Circus this would work, but up North is another question.

I intend to upgrade the pack to have 280ah cells which means potentially up to 8100 watts or enough to charge the 4Kw battery twice. Often it is very sunny and too windy to fly. During those times I will be collecting solar for the days it is flyable. Looking forward to seeing if I can pull it off.

3 Likes

I know everyone is hungry for info, so thought I’d share this update I saw on my github feed. A new (final?) release of the SP140 firmware #opensource

openppg github

1 Like

Hi
Would like to see a short vid of how the frame breaks down for transportation and reassembled??

Cheers
Steve.

Waiting for weights?
My units come in at the following:
Basic unit 33Lbs
Small Bat 27Lbs
Large Bat 45Lbs
±1 lb (bathroom scale) :slight_smile:

A post was split to a new topic: UPS invoice UPS invoice