Day 1 build progress

That harness should have come with soft links for the carabiners. The safety strap is not intended to be used to hold the carabiners. And those carabiners are upside down. Here is a picture of mine:

2 Likes

Please please please see your friend first - do not fly like this.

To borrow Paul’s phrase, that kinda looks jank. I don’t know what “right” looks like so I’m no help here.

1 Like

Is there a video somewhere of how to do this right?

Please please please see your friend first - do not fly like this.

No worries. I can’t fly anyways, lacking 2 propshafts :slight_smile:

This may help. I found this on another thread:

What are the grey loops for?

Not sure what the grey loops are intended to be used for but you don’t need them for this application. Did your harness come with the soft links?

The one that OpenPPG sent did, but the other one did not. The place I ordered from has sent replacements. Presently looking for a video or something to show how they go on properly.

I honestly can’t find anything. There are other “soft links” but I doubt they go on the same. https://media.nzaerosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/15053314/Softlink-instructions_Sport.pdf
and
https://www.performancedesigns.com/docs/SlinkInstructions_RCI.pdf

Ran it through the strap slots with some $5 nylon webbing and buckles, but there is now too much slack in the harness’s straps which requires tying down, negates the time benefit of the buckles, and introduces potential prop hazard. Rethinking where else might be good to put these…

This works much better.

Does this look right?

Third time’s the charm. I think I have this now.

1 Like

Well I took it outside today for a power test and instantly vaporized the two lower props and the lower half of the net. I thought it was plenty tight. Maybe because it’s new it stretched out more, and the heat probably didn’t help. Anyways, time to order some new props and see about a new net.

That sucks! Sorry to see that, but appreciate the share.

The repair is going to be fugly but it will work.

I suggest to move the position of your ring bolts to secure the net lower. Looks high and hard to secure the net correctly…

Most owners have it lower…

Much better angle…

Repaired net is holding up to full throttle. Replacement props have been confirmed to provide plenty of thrust.

I used XOAR PJA 22x10 props as replacements because I could not find the exact type that came with the kit. They are a little thicker in the middle so the nuts do not go all the way down to the nylock, but threadlocker works to solve that. The Xoar props are in all aspects beefier. Not sure what difference it will make over long term efficiency but they provide what feels like equal push to the old ones.

Several minutes of full throttling (testing with 2 batteries) resulted in warm-to-the-touch wires but the batteries still felt room temperature.

1 Like