Got as far as I can without soldering or missing parts. Ordered some bus blocks and terminal ends to make a clean finish of the wiring. Had to do some tricks to get stuff to work.
- The aluminum milled pieces in the hinges did not fit together even remotely correctly and had to be ground down before they would close.
- two of the screw holes in each of the aluminum hinge parts which go in the arm were not tapped or drilled (or both) deep enough so the m4 screws do not go all the way in. Will have to get some washers to make them right.
- no hardware to attach ESCs to arms (not sure if intentional or accidental-- could have been as easy as 16 m3 nuts) so I got some #6-32x3/4" screws which threaded perfectly into the holes on the ESCs. Had to drill the mounting holes bigger in the arm. Ground down the screws shorter (about halfway) so they did not interfere with the wiring.
- no terminal ends? Not the end of the world but could have made life easier if I didn’t have to order them separately. Considering the switch has bolt terminals on it…
- the hoops totally do not fit their mounting plugs unless you gape the ends a bit with a needle nose pliers.