Who will get it first :)

9 Likes

Does anyone know if the Nitro 200 race frame V2 carrier will work with this motor? And if not does anyone know a carrier that would work?

Also is the next batch still supposed to ship in Jun? Or is there still crazy shipping delays?

You guys have really killed it with the SP140! I am in love lol.

1 Like

Right now its looking like about 2 months out. Id say depending on what the shipping conditions are this time (last time was horrid 3 months on some parts) If all goes well the July 15th best case and worst case end of Aug, though the worst case could be unlimited i guess, but that’s what i would say is the expected worst case.

You can always get a refund if there are those that cant wait, i would just not using a CC because the 3% fees are keep by the CC companies so that cant be refunded if you choose to be.

1 Like

I received the engine, and it’s all good so far. I have a question about mounting the arms on either side, looks like the 2 bolts are the only things supporting the weight of the engine (and its thrust)? what is their load bearing rating, and what sort of maintenance (regular checks?) will the need? How tight do they need to be tightened? I didn’t tighten all the way as the bars need to be moving (for weight shifting).

Here is my assembly vid: unboxing and assembly of SP140 from OpenPPG - YouTube.

1 Like

Yes the bolts are load baring rated, and they have a tensile strength of 170,000 psi. I tighten them up to the point where there is no movement right to left just up and down (just so they swing with a few lbs of pressure).

For a checkup, i would just look for wear on the bolt, look for any thinning of the bolt.

3 Likes

perfect, thanks. That’s about as tight as I figured it needs be

1 Like

a couple of small hacks so far, one is empty toilet paper roll over the ratchet connection so it doesn’t hit the metal bar (I will probably secure it with the tape to the metal bar). The other is some transparent foil (from officemax) to prevent the battery from catching on the net when installing in/out (of course remove for flying)

1 Like

Yes ! I received my SP140 yesterday !:grinning:
The battery is charging.

3 Likes

Are these batch 1s that are currently being received?

dimaxq,
Starting assembly of my SP140 this weekend. Your vid provides great insight into assembly process. Thank you very much for posting.

2 Likes

Forts flight this morning : wonderful ! Stunning !
It’s like soaring with a PG, but you v’can go where you want !

4 Likes

Cats alwaysd hanging around PG and PPG stuff :laughing:

2 Likes

The SP140 “Trike Kit” arrived yesterday. 14 days from payment to delivery in rural New Zealand! That’s stunningly fast. Well done chaps.

4 Likes

Where do you normally fly? Did my pg license at Kariotahi :slight_smile:

I don’t yet. I’m building an eppg trike to do so in Ruby Bay.

Beautiful! videos or it never happened. good luck!

1 Like

Paul, what’s the storage voltage of the lithium ion battery and does the charger have a storage charge setting?

40-60% is a good storage charge. 50% is 86.4v

No storage setting on the charger, you can just unplug it once it reaches that voltage.

6 Likes

Hi Lonardo! I live in Jupiter, FL and would l love to check yours out sometime. I’m thinking about making the switch from my Air Conception to the SP140. Are there any other SP140’s in Florida yet?

I fly my X4 and SP140 near Pensacola every chance I get. I have a feeling that several of my friends will be ordering SP140s.:+1: I have an Air Conception also but enjoy my SP140 and X4 way more! Bill

1 Like