The E-Pusher Build(Batch3)

wow…sorry to hear!!

ok thx
Yes they are

Watching Paranoob , and others, on the big screen as I work on the build.

2 Likes

That’s cool! I designed those connectors (or at least ones just like it) for my batch 2. The two piece design makes them printer friendly for a nicer quality print while keeping the layer lines going in the right direction for optimal strength.

Tap depth not deep enough on one hole – same with all 4 pieces
Anyone else one batch 3 have this problem
I will get some shorter screws to solve this.

Can you tap the hole deeper? Or cut the bolt shorter with dremel?

thx for the suggestions
I probably have what I need to drill and tape but It has enough thread now to make it secure so the ez way is shorter screws. I will see how hard it is to cut one with dremel before going out to get some.
Cheers

Yes, I had the same problem with my batch 2 kit. I just put in a couple small washers.

1 Like

I can confirm this, was too busy to post this information myself though.

I used a dremel to cut those shorter, as I did not want to pay shipping fees for 8 screws and since I could not find the right ones locally.

I also was short of 8x m3 nylon lock nuts (those that attach the ESCs to the arms), I was able to find these locally.

no big deal, I am happy that my kit arrived and the issues were nothing that I was able to solve :slight_smile:

I did use the diamond type saw though, as these are made out of pretty tough steel, I guess.

Yes, I ran into the same thing with batch 3. Some of the M4 holes were not tapped deep enough, so, I cut the bolts off with my Dremel and the carbide disc blade. Also, I was short some of the M3 lock nuts. I think I found them at Lowe’s.
Bill

Really liking the feel of this throttle over all. I feel like it does not take any extra thought to hold it and grab my brake with it. I was constantly hating to grab the old throttle and break at the same time

– definitely needs a stronger spring but also dont want to be up there and my thumb tireing out
I remember rob saying in a vid he had to figure how to do a 3/4 throttle on take off.
Maybe::

1 Like

Found for the base/main section hing bolt is correct length but wrong diameter(too big) to fit the hole

I just drilled it out

1 Like

Some small progress today

2 Likes

My updated wiring diagram:

2 Likes

Electronics test
E-Pusher electronics test

1 Like

Are they all turning clockwise?

Yes Patrick, unfortunately they are all spinning in the same direction.

you need to take two diagonal motors, and switch any two of three cables each, to make them turn the other way.

It’s not important which ones…

Yep – I want torque!!!
Kidding – yes, just a function test, rotation was not a concern at this time.
Cheers

Found this in my old school collection – any ideas how/where to mount?

I know I will be pulling more - but you see them doing that in the movies all the time!