Status of SP140?

Any update on availability?

For every person complaining about the price, there are ten more cheering your efforts on this project, recognizing the value, and patiently waiting for the release - which we hope will only come after the kinks are worked out and not a moment sooner.
Thanks!

4 Likes

Does anyone know what the harness options of the SP140 will be? It would be nice know if an under seat reserve setup is possible.

It will have the dudek comfort by default but you can add whatever harness you would like if you request it without the harness.

2 Likes

When will it be available to order?

As soon as it’s ready :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Bet it’s going to be rad.

2 Likes

I’m really looking forward to reading reviews once this thing gets rolling. I think at 235 lbs I’m too heavy for the OpenPPG 4-prop system, but I’d love to go electric instead of petrol. Best of luck in finishing manufacturing and delivering!

Steve M.

There has been tandem flight done with the X4, two adult males I believe so you are not too heavy.

2 Likes

Definitely not too heavy.

1 Like

I’ve been the same weight, and I fly fine (although my motivation to loose weight worked so I could carry more batteries), even launched at 7000 with some effort.

1 Like

I’m ready to order when the SP140 is.

2 Likes

Thanks. These are my newbie questions!

I plan to start in as a beginner this winter, so I’d be learning with whatever I buy. I IMAGINE it’s one thing for an experienced pilot to “milk” an underpowered (for a given load) motor into flight, but would you recommend something with SP140 power for a big guy to start with?

Then there’s the question of flight endurance for training. How would an instructor feel about training me if I only have 30 minutes of flight time a session? Problem or “no?”

1 Like

Both the X4 and SP140 will have plenty of power for you. As mentioned we’ve seen all kinds of pilots have a lot of success with the X4 including tandems. Electric is great for learning since you don’t have to worry about any moving parts until the wing is comfortably overhead and you’ll have instant power.

Oh and we don’t have any official thrust numbers to share for the SP140 but let me tell you it has tons power (maybe too much).

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to playing with the firmware to adjust throttle response and ramp with different modes once I get my hands on a unit. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just took this

14 Likes

Awesome photo, can we get some closeup shots of the new unit itself?

What has your flight time been lately in testing the SP140?

Right. What was the big advantage of the sp140 over the X4? I am new to the sport and would like to find out why the SP140 is an upgrade.

You’re not the only one wondering.
We’re making a video and a section on the website to compare and contrast the X4 vs the SP140

1 Like

I was going to ask the question about portability but I’m assuming that you will cover that in this other video that you mentioned