Rob's Batch2 Build Log

Here you go…

2 Likes

Very nice, i’m also getting 3d printer envy. E-Pusher you could easily build your own carbon fibre or fibreglass case, just make a block of foam same size as batteries for the plug.

This is true - but I have back log of projects that will keep me going this winter - this is why I went with buying the kit instead of making my own - just too many things started, get stalled and they build up.
Too big ones, dump trailer and small camper. Also want to build a small tractor wheelbarrow, trailer mover like the Parkit 360 – this winter is being deemed Mission “Project Catch Up”. Hopefully I will have time to put my motor together.

Cheers, Patrick

Any emergency quick release system in this battery case?

Think you can build a case that can hold 8 bonkas?

No quick release. The connectors (OSE 8.0mm Anti Spark connector) I used wouldn’t accommodate such.
How are you looking to hold them? I had to do two prints for this and glue it together.

1 Like

Any reason you chose to use different connectors than what came with the Bonkas?

I want to make an 8 battery setup… just haven’t figured out the best configuration yet. I’m still waiting on my unit from batch 3, so I don’t have it yet.

They were anti-spark connectors and were big enough to accommodate 8awg wire. I used 8awd as much as I could. It meant I had to replac the connectors on my charger.

1 Like

I adopted the spring system. Thanks.

1 Like

Can you still get full throttle when the spring is compressed?

You can program the ESC’s with the range of the throttle.

Aha…and how does a mere mortal do that? D

http://www.hobbywing.com/products/enpdf/xrotorpro25acircular.pdf
Make sure you connect a USB cable to the throttle and a power supply. You will need 5v to make this work. I just plugged it into my laptop for the 5v.

Looks cool… Did a clip on arrangement for mine and put the electronics in a die cast alloy box
(as there was talk of the electronics picking up interfearance)
Dave

1 Like

@grassyellow do you have insulation between your bus bars and the carbon? Carbon conducts electricity.

Yes the bus bars are mounted on a block of polycarbonate

Can’t really tell because I never fly at full throttle except perhaps during a few seconds during takeoff which is good enough to get off the ground. As long as I can do that, that’s all I need for now. I have been flying with only two Bonka for now but will try soon a 4 Bonka setup.

Power test

5 Likes

Nice vid but ya had me worried about how close you were backing up to the bench without realising it (Phew glad it went well ) another OPenppg takes center stage …Nice :slight_smile:

The bench was farther away then it looked.:smiley:

1 Like

First flight.

8 Likes