Rob's Batch2 Build Log

Kit came in.

2 Likes

Looks like you have a great space to work in!
Cheers

Yes, it’s my fablab at the university simulation program I run.
Will be reprinting much of the 3D printed parts.
Regards

BTW, where are you located in Ontario? Spent my high school years in Owen Sound and Burlington.

You may want sand the edges of the carbon fiber parts while it is disassembled. It’s a lot easier than after assembly. Pay particular attention to the slot areas where the harness straps go through the plates. Best of luck with your build.

Richmond hill
Parry Sound is my home town

Yea! I’ll come visit soon :slight_smile:

Bill
Did you get one?
-R

Yes, batch two. Fully assembled and batteries wired up and fully charged, just need some final tweaking … resoldering some stiff wires using silicone wire. Hopefully, if weather permits will have the maiden flight this weekend. You can assemble and sand afterwards like I did, but it is easier beforehand.

Reprinted the throttle. The advantage of having access to a good 3D printer.

6 Likes

Clips of my build.

3 Likes

Finished attaching ECS’s to motor/arm.

1 Like

Built my own ECS signal harness.

3 Likes

This makes a big difference.

1 Like

More stiff for better feed back??
One thing I have not used on my Kangook is the cruise control lock – hoping to try it i ever get back up!
Cheers, Patrick

Correct! Much better control.

What size spring did you use?
I’ve thought about having something stiffer but was concerned that it would get tiring for your thumb on longer flights.

Random: It wouldn’t be too hard to add (electric) cruise control, maybe just a long button hold remembers the current RPM until you touch the throttle again.
I wonder if many people use that on ICE PPGs…

3 Likes

Up vote for electric cruise control! :+1:

2 Likes

Some updated pics of my build. I made a 3d printed base for my batteries and also a 3d printed case for the BEC.

3 Likes

I am getting that 3d printer envy again - post a pic of how the bats will sit when mounted
Cheers