Old School Throttle

Where do the ESC wires connect? Im not seeing a slot for them

I don’t know? I have batch 2. I ask for a schematic, but never heard back from you. Was going to ask you how they attached to the board today. Can you send a pic of one all connected or send a schematic?

1 Like

Zach,
I assume they would attach to these pins. Are you attaching all four here or would the 4-1 adapter I made still work? And where would it plug in? Would any of the slots work?

I went buy this from Puals B’s build – white to the outside and since the all get the same signal I dont see why you could not go with the adapter!

Here you go. Updated .stlControllerPCBTop.STL (89.7 KB)

Basically this board has the adapter built into it. The white connector has a black and white wire and the four ESC connectors have a black and white wire. Are you wanting to plug your splitter into one of the black connectors on that board. That should work fine and it wouldn’t matter which one you plug it into but I don’t see why you would want to.

I’m curious why you upgraded to the new board? I did because I was considering using higher volts. Plus the new board is nice and cleans up the wiring and has the BEC built in.

I wanted an old school throttle that you don’t use your thumb with. I didn’t want to disable my current setup by removing the throttle insides to make the new one. So I upgraded to the new board.

Oh, so you have the batch two and the batch three entire throttle setup?

Yes, I have both.

Ok, tested the old-school throttle and I am very pleased with the results.
I’ll be uploading all the .stl files tomorrow, but there are a few things you will have to do with the batch three setup.
You can see in pic 1 you have to desolder the linear pot from the board. I used an RC servo connector I had to connect the pot to the board.
All 3D printers have different print accuracy so you may have to play with the fit. I also drilled out the board half screw holes so they slide through. Much easier to screw the board half’s together.
I noticed the current display is setup for a left-hand throttle, so I’ll have to flip the display 180* to accommodate my right hand throttle.
If you are a left-hand throttle guy and want the step files to flip the pot hole let me know.

1 Like

Looks good but a static test on the ground is on thing – looking forward till your feedback with handling the wing during take off holding the brakes - thats where I struggled with my current ICE setup - just did not feel natural/comfortable for me

Cheers

Will you post the stl files for your new throttle, I’d also love to have it moved away from the thumb.

Are you right or left hand throttle?

left hand throttle

Ok, I’m right hand and will have to redesign the throttle for LH.

I’d be willing to switch hands so I can have the throttle moved. Will you send the RH?

Here you go LHT .stl files.
LHT_right side.STL (1.1 MB)
-LHT_LeftSide.STL (1.6 MB)

1 Like

Here are the RHT .stl files.RHT_right side.STL (1.1 MB)
RHT_left side.STL (1.6 MB)

1 Like

Thanks for posting both!

Mhill, where are you in Washington? I’m up on the Olympic Pennisula in Sequim and I’d like to watch you fly and talk about your gear if possible.