Hello, performance - efficiency - weight - noise and OPEN DIY technology are a must in this project. I already explain reason why I’m developing my own motor, what i didn’t say is that the last motor i tried was the M40 which on paper looked like a great product with very interesting performance, I bought this motor paying a lot but confident in performance (even if not equipped with HALL sensors), once the motor arrived in Italy I realized that both the performance and the construction (very poor and approximate assembly and design) are NOT comparable with what I have spent ed exactly :
1) M40 is advertised in the web as 36N42P , unfortunately the magnets are 30.
manufacturer never replay to my question
2) Magnets are badly glued see
photo A - A1
3) To balance the rotor was glued with resin , this is not acceptable and unprofessional
see photo B – B1
4) The main shaft is poorly and bad machined
see photo C
5) Low quality bearing and undersized for the declared power
6) Propeller locking with m4 screws
sorry … as new member i can upload only one pics … anyway pics are available on request
Impossible have comunication with manufacturer then I requested to refound money as a non-compliant product and after three months I got a non-total refund.
This is the reason I stop to use middle level market motor and start my project .