Dudek harness questions

Does the Dudek harness come with reserve carabineers? How wide is the carabineer spread on the J bars?

Mine did not. You will need a pair of maillons for it.
Space between jbars is ± 40cm.

1 Like

Thank you I’ll be sure to pick up a pair. What size reserve do you have in the dudek reserve container by chance?

Here is a link to my setup…and I really like it. I used the APCO Light Universal Reserve Bridle…no maillons are needed at the harness. My reserve is the Gravity XFusion 150…light with very good specs. It is a snug fit in the Dudek container, but it was still a breeze to install.

https://glidersports.com/shop/xfusion/

Glider Sports has a nice video on attaching your bridle, packing the reserve in the container and mounting it. I do use an oval maillon to connect the reserve to the bridle.

I hope this helps.
Bill

1 Like

Thanks Bill. I’ll look into the reserve and bridle. So the Dudek harness doesn’t come with a bridle?

Happy Flying!

Mike

Mike, you are welcome. No, I have 3 different harnesses, and none of them came with bridles. I like the APCO bridle because they are very light, very strong and maillons are not necessary at the harness connections.
Bill

1 Like

Advance companion 160. It took a bit of work to get it in there but it fit.

1 Like

I think I’ll go with a 150 kg. Reserve since I should come in at 130 kg. Flying weight provided the SP140 is 77 lbs. . For my free flight kit I’m using a 140 kg. Square reserve and I’m at 112 kg. Flying weight which should be about a 4.5m p/s sink rate.

I want to buy a dudek comfort but i don’t know if the Dudek harness of the SP140 is low hangpoint or high hangpoint? Because in flight the carabiners seem to be around the chin(jaw) height which doesn’t seem low but not quite high either.

The reserve parachutes used to come with bridles (H or Y) but not anymore. They are accessories and such are any Maillons Rapide or Quick Links if needed. You can rig your POD at the front or use the side container on the Dudek harness. One thing not mentioned in the video when using a steel rectangular Maillon Rapide to connect the reserve bridle to the harness shoulder bridles is to duct tape the reserve bridle loop to the maillon after inserting it in the link and closing it securely. It will prevent the thinner reserve bridle from rotating around the steel link. The same could be done with the rounded Quick Link(s). You could also go to your local general store and get a bag of girl hair bands for a couple bucks and use them instead of tape. Wrap one around the base of the bridle and the link to minimize side sliding. The procedure would also work if you needed steel maillons between the “Y” or “H” harness shoulder bridles and the steel link.
Phil www.supair-usa.com

1 Like

I have an issue with my seat. When jumping out, the seat does not want to fold up as it supposed to do thus makes me hang out of it at a bad angle. For some reason the horizontal aluminium upper bar stops it to fold up and intake a vertical position.
What can I do to make the seat go in front of the bar instead of behind like it is now?

My solution would be to mount a pvc panel on those bars, I’ve done it so I can put foam on the panel and push me in front for better angle. I’ve used two hollow on the inside plastic panels that combine at the middle because they are only about 20cm wide. They are very lightweight and you can bend them after keeping them above the gas cooker flame, tape the sides to be smoth and spray paint them black. They are about 350g. I don’t have a photo with it black but it looks great, like it’s built in the frame.

Nice adoption, altough I would want to skip extra parts if possible. There are a lot of guys flying this thing wihout issues so I wondered if any1 else had the same issues and was able do address it with different methods using the stock harness straps.

I fixed mine the same way. Adding a really light weight board not only fixes the problem with the seat catching but also improves the hang angle and adds comfort too.

1 Like

Oh so I am not alone then. IN this case OpenPPG perhaps should redesign the bottom frame?
It seems better now when I wrapped the middle straps around the whole(as now the connection point comes up higher) frame instead of one front tube as it should be.