Chargers and Charging

Some vendors like this one - advertise the the FOB price :::

FOB – Free on Board (or Freight on Board). This basically means that the cost of delivering the goods to the nearest port is included but YOU, as the buyer, are responsible for the shipping from there and all other fees associated with getting the goods to your country/address.

And then you find out the price of unit when you inquire " get latest price"

Cheers, Patrick

What’s the longest anyone has kept their batteries at full charge for?

I bought the HTRC HT700 DUO and loved it until the second Channel became broken. Anyone ever had one channel go out. I swapped everything else and can confirm the problem is in the charger.

Yes had the same problem! I guess you get what you pay for especially when it’s directly from China! No support or warranties :cry:

Actually had the same problem with one of ours. They seem to be sensitive to movement.

E-Pusher did those China manufacturer batteries work out for you? At $135 ea for 9 or less they are way less expensive than even the Bonka’s!! Not worth it if they’re gonna puff and blow!
Was going to order Bonkas from here but I need a charger too and the one on openppg store is still oos.

I bought them too and they Failed.

I bought the HTRC 1200W H825AC DUO 25A Dual Port charger from Ali Express and my second channel just went out this weekend. Still can charge on one channel but I have lost confidence in the unit. I am now looking for a new solution.

Any suggestions for something more stable, better quality and longer lasting?

I use ISDT chargers for all my drone gear and they’re very reliable. For these packs, probably want the T6 Lite. You’ll need a 24V PSU for them.

My second channel just went out. I got 6 48v psu’s and the isdt lite chargers from hobbyking they are on sale right now.

The T6 and T8 don’t take 48V, 32V and 40V max respectively. Not sure how your PSUs are set up, if they’re 2 24V units in series?

Sorry, Have not tested them under load yet – did get one that was damage on a corner from shipping but never made a claim.
cheers

i got 24v psu’s. I also got a bit of a scare when I saw your reply and thought I had possibly bought the wrong ones.

Hmmm… just pulled the trigger on a pair of these:

Hope the problems with the HTRC1200W H825AC… are specific to the unit and not the brand/manufacturer.
I went with the 6s packs instead of 7. Have noted a much wider choice in charging solutions.

I just ordered 1 of these chargers.
Lyk how it works out.
John

Here’s mine. So far, so good.

For charging my Bonka’s I bought the HTRC H825AC DUO 1200W 25A. I found that there is no cable added for connecting the Bonka’s. Is there an adaptor cable on the market or do I have to solder them myself? If so, are there special soldering skills needed?

I just looked on amazon and eBay and couldn’t find exactly what you need. You need an Xt90 female to Xt150 female connector. You could learn basic soldering skills on YouTube and make your own.

I have that same charger and had to make my own cables.

Thanks Gliderpilot and Mhill for responding. So I will have to make my own cables I guess. I have some basic soldering skills.