Carbon Fiber Prop Bulk Order

Sounds interesting, but cheking in amazon, on customer review it with just one star

Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars :-1:t2: Poor craftsmanship Propellers was not tested be for Sale

April 23, 2017

Verified Purchase

The two Hole was not aligned properly so could not mount to motor.!! :-1:t2: Poor craftsmanship Propellers was not tested be for Sale!!!..BE AWARE…!!!

On paper the 22 x 8 would need at least 500 more rpm to have the same thrust as the 22 x 10 prop at 25 mph speed…
Open%20ppg%20electric%20349

Open%20ppg%20electric%20351

For lighter pilots I can see a 22 x 8 will help with amp draw, heavier pilots will need maybe a 22 x 12!

Looks like 2 inch pitch difference is worth 20 amp draw - how this works out in real world
would definitely be by feedback from community members…

1 Like

The 22 inch retail at $144 per pair
The 23 inch retail at $168 per pair
I measured mine, 23.25 inches was the minimum. I know that 1/4 inch isn’t a lot of clearance, but it might fit…

1 Like

tarifachris, thanks for the numbers.

I don’t know if carbon fiber is more efficient or not, I do know they weight a little less. I real reason I want carbon fiber is because I hike through trees/brush to my flight spot, and the wood props get scratched and dinged up- which does lower efficiency (I hike with the batteries attached, which means the props stick out beyond the arms when folded).

1 Like

Yeah, my props are getting pretty nicked up and I would love to replace them with carbon so they won’t get nicked up so much.

Did you measure accross all four and consistently show 23.25? That is dang tight! I think the machine would flex enough to allow them to touch. You may be able to move the motors out just a tad but then you would be pushing too close to the hoop. Hopefully you can get it to work smoothly.

At least make sure the rotation of tips are going with each other like the picture on the left and not against each other like the picture on the right. I know some people have theirs like the one on the right.

The first thing I would buying are Prop protectors!!!

Second I would install balance Ring’s on the props…

what’s the purpose of the “balance ring” ?

Static balancing…

Prove to me I can “significantly” benefit from new props and I will join group purchase - min 30% gain.
Cheers

Finally received my carbon fiber props. I was able to procure 22x10 cw and ccw. But they have the thicker mount like gas props, so I’m looking for a different mounting solution for the motors.

3 Likes

Do you have pictures?

1 Like

4 Likes

Those look really nice! The mounting looks the same as what we use now though so I don’t know what you mean about mounting them different but why do two have a slightly different hub?

How did your wood one get damaged so bad? Did you leave a strap undone? I’ve done that but since made it so they wouldn’t reach if left undone.

My plan was to drill and thread 4 x M4 into the motor extension (30mm circle)!

But this will only work if the newer version motor extensions are solid… Didn’t they changed this? These are the old ones:

Anyone have a picture from the newer ones?

The newer ones are one piece, and the shaft is solid, but the rest is the same.

I was considering drill and tap the bolt to put on an extension. I am also considering milling the prop a bit with a cnc so it fits the shaft, with a tight fit it should hold it on better.

1 Like

Wow those look super nice. I’m in if it cuts down the noise!

Unrelated…here’s prop covers to protect blades during transport my wife made up.

4 Likes

I like the prop covers!
currently I am using the plastic bags the props came in, cut in half…
but your solution is better.
what sort of fabric did your wife use, is that felt ?

The props are thicker in the center, and it only leaves 1/2 inch of threads for the nut.

I purchased two different styles, the ones with the sharper tips are supposed to be quieter- we’ll see.

My wood props get dinged up all the time, and probably should get some covers like dzubot use.

1 Like

The covers are made from felt yes. Also made a nice case for the loop. If anyone is interested in some prop covers she said she would be okay making some. $25 set (four prop covers) plus ship.

Let us know how these props work, very interested in them.

I’ll take some. Is that with or without the cover for the cage peices?