Battery Box enclosure

@grassyellow where did you get that latch?

Hi
They are called “omega” clamps used on stage lighting I had a few in my workshop so used them on the project and they work well
Regards
Dave

Ok thanks. They look like camloc’s from the aviation world.

Did you get the box? How did you attach it to the frame?

I have the box. Not mounted yet. Soon. Weather will be changing and I will get motivated.
John

Just mounted 2 of these boxes to the paramotor. Waiting for 2 extra bonkas to arrive to test 6 batteries on this.

1 Like

Looking really good.
Looks like you could fit 8 to use in a trike set up.
Cheers

I just noticed the white props – nice match to the boxes!

looks decent!

did you attach the boxes with additional screws, or just the velcro?

The nice thing about the box being plastic is you dont have to worry about a wire shorting out – the Con is that if you get a fire (big if), it is more fuel!
But I like them!
Cheers

I removed some M3 and M4 screws that were there and replaced them with the same screw types, but a little longer, to take into account the plastic box width. I also put in some washers to make sure, the screw does not go thru the plastic box. I used 3 screws per box. 2 at the top and 1 in the middle

1 Like

Scored myself a free Alu box from work but i am liking these plastic ones more. Free does not mean better!

Cheers

I am just realizing this now – you can’t fit the lids back on the way the bats sit !?
When I 1st looked at it I thought to myself it will look better with the lids on.
Now I am having a Homer Simpson moment.

You are doing 6, so if your rotate them can 3 fit per box - makes for an uneven wiring config though.

Here is my final setup for 6 bonkas.

No you cannot put the lid back. Plus this is better for air flow.

2 Likes

Hopefully those long wires don’t create problems in the ESCs caused by inductance:

Any way to test for that? I want to do an 8 battery setup.

I don’t know how to test it but adding capacitors is a solution.

Any particular capacitors you would recommend for our application?

Rethinking the whole battery box thing. I was reviewing how want the bats to sit . I am thinking the lower profile( laying down on side is better allowing more air to get to the prop - cant find a box that will allow for this the lower profile – might see about bending some lexan again to make a holder

Just read the link! In our ESC’s are 63 volt capacitors integrated. So you need 63 volt capacitors and for
every 4 inch longer wires it is recommended to add 220uF extra capacitance.

Complete packs:

You would have to solder the packs close to the ESC’s…
Open%20ppg%20electric%20313

2 Likes