Batch 2 Progress and Batch 3 Order date

Heres the build vid OpenPPG 22 v3.1 Build Video (part 1) - YouTube

8 Likes

Great video Paul!
Nice to see all the details for the first time in 4K

1 Like

Love the build video @Pdwhite Iā€™m going to be in on batch three, hopefully in the near future?

I will want to get in on the next run also! So Jealous!

Hello @Pdwhite , how is it going? Have you shipped all batch2 orders? when do you plan on accepting batch3 orders ( I know: when you have shipped all batch2 orders, but WHEN may that be? :slight_smile: )

Itā€™s going well, a bit slower then I would like, but we are getting them out. We are going to take small reorganize period after all of batch 2 is shipped so I best estimate for batch 3 opening up is July 18th.

3 Likes

@Pdwhite
Hi Paul, are you expecting to ship all the assembled units for batch 2 also before 7/18?
Thanks

yes, they are all going to be out by then.

Is batch 3 order on track for July 18!!!
I am so fed up with my ICE motor that I think I will drop the hammer on this.
Was looking to other alternatives but this is looking like the best option out their right now.
Cheers, Patrick

I hope so!!, Iā€™m still waiting for shipment confirmation on my Batch2 order.

@Pdwhite any updates on Order #1668

HAHA, mine is now on the way!!! thanks @Pdwhite

@Pdwhite, Can you tell us any new about batch 3, please?:yum:

1 Like

Hey @Pdwhite, give us an update, please :slight_smile:

@etienne @Nacho Iā€™m planning to open up batch 3 orders on Wed the 25th, the new controller is where the main guesswork on time frame is coming from. We might have an option for batch 3 to get the kit sooner if the current controller comes with it vs the new controller. So thatā€™s what we are discussing on our side. Ill get the throttle board layout to you guys shortly and the main differences between the current and the future one.

So heres some more info on the differences between the current one and the new controller

The new controller processor will be based on the Cortex M0.
Compared to the processor in the Arduino Nano (328p) it will have 8x the FLASH memory and 16x the RAM and run significantly faster. The architecture will also be 32 bit vs 8 bit on the Nano. These chip improvements will allow us to handle more data as we continue to expand the capabilities of OpenPPG

Additional:

Reversible USB-C connector
Higher resolution inputs for reading battery voltage and throttle position
Vibration feedback
Also not hand soldered :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Was the new controller decided on ?
How about the main power switch issue?
I want to pull the trigger so bad on this but 4900.00 cnd$ rate but before cnd taxes and duties !!!
I love Americans but I hate your stronger $ :smile:
Cheers, Patrick

1 Like

Yes we are moving forward with the new controller, it might take a bit longer to be ready than the kits so we might have the option to get the current controller if you want the kit sooner. Either way itā€™s easy to swap out if you want to change it or donā€™t want to wait.
Iā€™m looking at a few different switch option maybe a dual switch setup, however I havenā€™t had any problems and neither have any of the prebuilts but i did see some with issues.

I can mark the declared value lower if you want so you donā€™t get hit on taxes nearly as much?

1 Like

Just a heads up on lowering the declared value for deliveries to Australia.
We are required to provide an invoice and a corresponding matching payment confirmation. If these donā€™t match then larger of the two is used plus an undisclosed percentage is added to the bill for the inconvenience (think administration charges etc)

I can confirm this for Germany as well.
If they hold something in customs, you need to physically go there, and bring the invoice and proof of / confirmation of payment (like a paypal / credit card printout).

Customs officers are not stupid :slight_smile:

@pdwhite: You could send us two invoices:
First invoice for the OpenPPG Kit, in the amount of 500 dollars

Second invoice, a few days after, in the amount of the difference, for ā€œonline trainingā€ or ā€œopenppg tuning softwareā€ or whatever digital goods and services would fit.

Of course, both invoices need to be paid separately, to be able to bring forward a matching proof of payment.

Ya we could do something like that, PM me and weā€™ll iron out the details.

So, now that is closed - how many OpenPPG believers signed up for batch 3???
Cheers

1 Like