Attatchment of batteries to frame

Hey, came back from holidays and BOOM V3 has arrived already! Good work guys.
Now, I need to attach batteries (bonkas).

In the V3 package I did not see any attachment straps or something that could be used.
So I guess I have to do it by my self. Could any one of you provide some pictures and maybe parts you have used for a secure attachtment?

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

I use regular 1 inch velcro straps. And some velcro adhesive to the batteries. see pic

1 Like

Thanks for the pic.

Heres how I attached mine its a detachable box that hold four batteries

1 Like

@grassyellow could you show in more detail or explain your connection/disconnection mechanism?
I see that round silver part in the upper right corner, but I can’t identify it :slight_smile:

0 Hi Etienne
they are called omega clamps used in stage lighting for hanging lights quarter turn to connect or release
Regards
Dave

Hi Dave (@grassyellow)

I found these online in Germany: Cameo Pixbar Omega Bracket Set – Musikhaus Thomann

Seems to be the exact same product. However I am asking myself how you modified these so that they would fit your case and openPPG carbon plate.

Did you take the A-shaped (sort of) thick black piece of metal away completely, or did you cut it apart ?

If possible at all, could you take a close picture of how you used those omega clamps on your OpenPPG? :slight_smile:

And also: is it 100% secure, and sure, that this won’t open mid-flight?

just noticed… I could have also said “omega-shaped” :slight_smile:

Looks like you have to depress the spring to get them to unlock, looks pretty good.

that’s the point, I don’t see a spring!

Also just found this on ali express. That’s the stuff that I probably need - without the actual “omega”-piece:

1 Like

a lot better price as well :grinning:

looong shipping time though.

this is 100x the price, but apparently german engineering:

probably a bit overkill, as the carbon plate and the bracket that I am planning to use are most likely much thinner than the plates in the video.

here’s the product page:

I am going to keep going here… been googling all over…

what do you think about this:

youtube video here: - YouTube

spring loaded - I am liking that a bit more!

I’m using aviation camlocs. camloc quarter turns (camloc is a registred brand name of Howmet) - YouTube

awesome, thanks!

I also found this: QL-25-SB black anodized mini Quik-Latch demo - YouTube

Hi Etienne
yes those are the correct connectors…you don’t need the thick alloy part the turn bolts can be removed by taking off a clip on the under side you will also need the reciepticle part that is fixed to the ppg frame
I have added some pics that show the clips closer and the bottom bracket onto which the box sits and also the underside of the box
Regards
Dave

yep they look like a better buy…just got to get the spacing right to get the correct pressure
so they go on with a secure click

the springyness is from the two shaped washers when pushed together

Lots of options with camlocs !