XCE-CONTEST new site for all EPPG worldwide

everyone who loves flying with eppg can post their best flights with links to the server. more information will follow. Best regards. ps. it is time that the electric flight gets its areas to show what is possible :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I hereby say goodbye to openppg. it was a good time, many people with know-how or the will to build eppg were here. the moderation was excellent. honest and open! I myself have my future focus only on xc-thermik eppg or performance e-trike for competitions. I wish everyone who is electrically safe all the best and remains safe in the selection of the material. maybe you will see the next few years at world cups. I promise you I’m there :slight_smile:

Cool, I sent a request to join.

1 Like

Hey Thomas / @bratwurst,
I absolutely appreciate your effort and the details you share (on youtube and facebook) about what you tested and invent. Really great stuff!

It looks like you plan to setup an XCE-Contest page similar to XContest.org and have Facebook in between.
Did I understand that correctly (based on your schematic from 2020-07-22)?

Why would you re-invent the wheel when it comes to a E-PPG XContest?

XContest which is well established around the world. They should be able to add a E-PPG category as spin-off from the Paramotor section with no effort. I just asked them to do so (any support is very welcome!). Ideally we match it to the established FAI Microlight and Paramotor Commission (CIMA) categories (RPF1E, RPF2E, RPL1E, RPL2E) right away to avoid any mixups as splitting up usually does not help.

Besides that I really like the idea of having a public page of E-PPG flight records as it will help us to truly understand where we are performance wise and answer quite some “How long?”, “How high?”, “How far?” … questions with flight logs (IGC files) rather than optimistic vendor specs, lore and video snippets.
+1 to “show what is possible” (as in: prove it!) :slight_smile:

1 Like

hello, thanks for the nice words. in order to get different classes in a list it is necessary to create a separate page. xcontest is only one page for the basic category of foot start or trike. you shouldn’t mix thermal flights with an e-motor and pure motor flights without thermal. as an example: armin harich flies at only 2 kw / h for 7 hours or sailer franz for 6 hours. an average pilot with eppg flies 30 minutes. xconstst is good as proof because you can upload it there or all other igc servers are just as good. if someone is interested in electro he wants to see everything that happens in the world. he doesn’t have the time to search all igc servers in the world for electric flights. there is also no communication with xconstest. hence the way with facebook where communication is very possible. more information in the explanatory video. regards

I have dealt intensively with fai classes and made inquiries. this is an opportunity for large corporations to have something confirmed there. for small groups like ppg and eppg impossible due to the financial and time expenditure. the associations in germany and austria do not support any electrical projects either. the associations believe that only pilots who have set world records in pg for years can fly. mostly no real pilots work for the fai or associations. They are pure office employees with training in economics, office work, etc.

2 Likes

Hi Thomas,

I sense a strong desire for being recognized as an inventor and innovator :slight_smile:

That is OK, but to remain objective your statements need some more explanations, especially as you publicly post negative claims about a bunch of groups (where several people do not make their living supporting the flying sport).

FAI classes
…are meant to separate groups into buckets where it makes sense.
“P” is for paragliders only, no deltas. If we would be in one bucket most records (esp. speed related) would be from the deltas.
Comparing EPPG land plane / trike distance records with foot launched… makes no sense as you cannot foot launch with 80kg of batteries. Thus there is “F” and “L”.
1/2 - Tandem vs. Single.
“E” / “T” elektro vs thermal engine.
To me that makes sense so far and it is inline with the similar air sports.

I think that is wrong, but I might be missing some perspective.
I made an FAI world record claim submission without any corp involvement and the details shared about the setup that I used are rather limited at the FAI public website. Thus this is maybe not the best way of advertising something.

My “financial … expenditure” with claiming the record was about 10 Euro for the yearly FAI license + 50 Euro for in flight fuel + 0.80 Euro for sending in the paperwork :laughing:

Prove points please!
The local FAI NAC for Germany is the DAeC. From my personal experience in PPG with the DAeC I cannot support your statements. The folks at DAeC were very open and supportive.
Technically I could have started my PPG record flight attempt a day after I got my national license.

From your earlier post:

Facebook is a corp that earns a lot of money aggregating and selling information about individuals.
Remind yourself: “If the foot is for free, you are the foot.”

Facebook is clearly a no go area for privacy minded people. If you have to agree to their T&Cs = become an article in Facebooks inventory, to share and view your E-PPG flights then the starting point of your project is already screwed, unless you don’t care for an open and general platform in the first place.

I am happy for you that it is so easy for you to make record flights in Germany!

Best regards
Thomas

(all values below refer to thermal engines not E-PPG)

Well, this is only the case for some areas.

E.g. it is virtually impossible to break an altitude record.
Besides the fact that 7589m is a very tough call in the first place we are not allowed due to airspace restrictions and it is hard to get an approved and certified barograph (for the NAC and the) to you.
More than 1000 km “distance in a straight line” … does not fit well into Germany and multi national records are even harder to organise.

600 km triangles in Germany are technically possible (and I plan to give it a shot this year). 900 km most probably won’t work due to a lag of day light time, besides some other minor technical difficulties. The US pilots will never even think about it as you have a local 5 gallon fuel limitation.

Ultimately that means really serious records are only possible in certain countries, but this is similar to regular paragliding. How many 500 km PG flights have been made in Germany? 0 as far as I know and that might be like this forever. Brazil is just much better for long PG flights.

You can try to collect points in Xcontest. my friend bene gives pretty good fai triangles. then you can also see where your level is compared to your colleagues. Pilot detail : Benedikt Bös [ParamotorGermany] :: XContest.org - world of XC paragliding

Thanks for the hint :slight_smile:

I have been there lately as you can see who is participating: https://paramotors.xcontest.org/world/en/ranking-national-teams/

clarified someone is using your identity, so i mistook it for you.