Wm's SP140 V2 Atom80

I am REALLY enjoying my SP140 V2 Atom80 that Paul and Zach have designed. I’m about 190#s in my flying gear, and it has plenty of thrust to get me off the ground quickly. The thrust is similar to the thrust on my X4. It looks like the flight time is about an hour on a gallon of gas with the 26M Independence Grasshopper. I have an Independence Tensing ordered, and it only weighs 2.3kg or about 5#s. It should make no/low wind days even better!
Bill

3 Likes

Looks great Bill!

1 Like

Interesting – converting electric to gas :open_mouth:
As long as it works for you :+1:

1 Like

Patrick,
I think Paul and Zach designed a really nice solution for those of us who enjoy cross country flights the most. I’m older now, so, light weight is also important to me. So many people have told me that I shouldn’t fly an Atom80, but I don’t believe they have flown one with a 140cm e-prop. It works great for me.:+1: Also, the V2 frame is rock solid. I’m glad they offer a very affordable “ice” solution in their store. It takes all types to make the world go round. They are smart guys.
Cheers!
Bill

1 Like

I was not trying to be negative about it if it sounded that way, apologies. Im still flying ICE until E suits my needs.
Cheers

1 Like

I did understand…no worries at all!! Paul and Zach just have a great option “to fill in the gaps” for the time being…at a great price! I just want to remind people that they have the option out there.:+1::+1:
Cheers!!
Bill

I am now flying my OpenPPG SP140 V2 Atom80 with my new Independence Tensing 23 single skin wing. It is a bit faster and a bit more responsive than the Grasshopper. The Tensing 23 weighs about 5lbs! Super light! I really like the light weight combination of this OpenPPG Atom80 and Tensing wing. It makes the no/low wind days way more enjoyable for me! My new cross country flying machine!
Cheers!
Bill

1 Like