What's Coming Next - Batch 5 and OpenPPG Single Prop

Most of the SP140 is not very DIY friendly like the X4 but if you want to weld up your own frame I can send you the files to help. And stuff like the motor and ESC firmware is not open source even though it was designed for us. I don’t think APD would want to open source there firmware but you’re welcome to ask them. I have 3D models for the ESC and stuff like that. Our throttle controller stuff and firmware is though and thats what most would be wanting to experiment with.

But ya the Sp140 would much more of a pain to make DIY from the ground up IDK if you’d wana make it. But if you need the files for if you want to make a rig to mount it to a trike or something like that, thats no problem.

4 Likes

You are the man. Seriously appreciate how inviting your approach to paramotoring is. If you would send me models to weld and the for the ESC I would love to attempt to make it on my own. If there’s some way I can help with any design I would also be glad to put in some man-hours.
I have a machinist past in high school, industrial welding background (current covid summer job, steel only) and a mechanical engineering degree that I have only used for a few months in a design role (Solidworks). If you wanted to email those files to gprpap@gmail.com I would love it.

Thanks,
Grant

could i also get these files as i wish to make a frame for a motor i have. i have all the electronics i just need a frame

I too am interested in the frame files. I have a trike from Aviator that carries the Nitro200. If your frame footprint is close to the Nitro, I may just be able to snap it right on.