Transfer of registration for Canadian pilots

Hello, I just bought an X4 paramotor and I am trying to fill out the
transfer form for Transport Canada.
It’s asking me about the rated engine power:
____KW ____HP
I assume KW = kilowatts and HP= horsepower?

I am hoping someone else in Canada knows how to fill this out.

Does the empty weight include the weight of the wing as well?

Max permissible take off weight would be the max of the wing?

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Hi @thankful,
26-0521.pdf (906.3 KB)

I had to go through this as well when I bought my SP140 this summer (I live in Quebec), and when I bought my first gas powered unit. I am the first owner of my SP140, but it wasn’t the case for my gas engine. I had to fill out the same document both times, which is the 26-0521F. I attached a blank PDF with my message. Otherwise, it can be found here.

I’m not sure if it is this one you started to fill out, because I don’t see anything about KW and HP on this one. Same for empty weight. What document are you filling out?

You are correct, the max permissible take off weight is the max of the wing :slight_smile:

I might be wrong, but both of my units went through this process and TC gave me my immatriculation both times.

I hope it helped!

I know the form your talking about. Its a useful power calculation. I can send you mine in a day or two but essentially its a simple calculation to show transport Canada your machine is not under powered. Empty weight is everything but you and fuel. All up weight means exactly that. If it goes up it counts. Max auw weight for us is determined by your wing. What’s the max weight on your wing?
For horse power I converted the watts being pulled by the motor at full power with a fresh battery. For my X4 that was 10kw or about 13hp. Yours will probably be higher.

Here’s what i did

Thank you everyone for your help. I just looked up the weight rating for my wing online
Ozone Spark 27m. The previous owner said I shouldn’t have to fill all this into in because
the paramotor was already registered and TC should have the information.

I put in as much information as I could and sent it in already, so I guess I will find out when they
contact me.

I was kind of in a hurry because it says you only get 7 days to get this form in to them,
so even if some items are incomplete, at least the form was sent in.

Thanks again for all your help. If it turns out that they reject it, I can refer to this thread for help.
The thing is the form that the previous owner gave me didn’t have any of this information
completed, so I don’t know if it’s necessary.

1 Like

There is no number on the form, it is just titled:

Application for Registration for Ultra-lite or Advanced Ultra-lite Aircraft.

The section in question is right under the serial number field.