Tigertiki DIY Partly Scratchbuild

The top image is the one in the kits both front and back. Make sure the hole spacing for the arms are correct cause I know people have found an incorrect hole spacing before.

1 Like

Today i made the backplate from aluminum, before to cut in the CF. It came out nice. It is only 1.5 mm thick, the only stock i got at home amid the virus curfew…

Today my Bonka’s arrived from HongKong, via UK. Directly, customs by them ! Great. I(in the midst of the crisis)

The different standoffs are of aluminum, brass or steel ?
Thanks

OpenPPG uses aluminum standoffs

Great, now can order from banggood, will make a list :grinning:
Thanx

Getting there, need some T6 stock. My CF stock just shown in Germany from HK. The curfew was prolonged for a another month.

1 Like

After i got the CF sheets from Banggood i started to cut them. 3mm and 2mm. I used a 3mm bit so i modified the design where necessary. That was cut with 2 mm. Regarding the CF sheets, it is even more cheap to buy from china compared to fabricate at home. Only the fabric necessary equalled the price.My problem was that the max size available is 500 mm. the arms are 600, so i decided to make from aluminium sheet.( If i would fabricate a new one i would use CF and combine the parts to get the 600mm.)! I made the leg hinge from multiple parts, it came out OK. I need some new stock for the legs and goosnecks and holder.

5 Likes

Six more hours to go…

2 Likes

Hi, i achieved a new milestone, the fabrication almost ended, i need to make some small parts. Printing some. Waiting for the standoffs, should arrive anyday. As a conclusion, it was a lot of work, some parts needed to be remade, some mistakes. The kit has a very good price !. I am not sure i would do it again.( Altough the tax and customs add up to 36%). Ordered the Dudek harness, i have 4 Bonka’s. So i am waiting for the news from Paul that my parts are on their way. Thanks for the White brothers for this great project, and all who helped me, Gliderpilot, i printed your latches, they work great and looking into the other mods as well.Some pictures:

5 Likes

Gorgeous. For your efforts you are rewarded with perhaps the best looking X4.

1 Like

Today the Dudek harness arriwed !:smiley:

1 Like

Wow great job!!!

Can you tell us your estimated cost?

The costs of CF, an aluminum stock was around, $400. After the fabrication i think it,is well worth to buy the kit !

1 Like

Can you take a few pictures of how the Dudek harness is mounted to the frame? I received no pictures or instructions on how to do so. Thank SO much in advance!