Target Release Date - March 29th

Why is it a surprise that there were only 5 kits? If you assume a cost price of $2000, that means that @Pdwhite would have had to lay down $10k for just the part of those kits (forgetting development parts up until those units were made) For all he knew, he might have sold none, and been $10k out of pocket. Rather than complain, would it not be better to suggest paying up front for your kits to allow a larger batch to be built? Until then, it is probably best to just say thank you.

5 Likes

@Codemonkey

First of all, I am not complaining, but constructively criticising!
I have followed this project since “Vid 1” on youtube, and the interest (expressed in comments such as “I want one”) has been massive. Did you notice that at all?
Multiple people had proposed to pay the full sum up front or suggested to make a pre-order list with a deposit, this is a safe bet for the creators and eliminates financial risk.

Hence, Deception, that only 5 random people were able to order a unit is just natural.

In either way, Paul has listened now and is accepting preorders (with full advance payment).