Supine PHG (Powered Hang Glider) Considerations?

I’m thinking about building a PPG type unit for use with a supine/seated hang glider setup, assisted launch from a slope, backup for low saves and maybe foot launch from the flat if feasible.

What do I need to think about compared to a PPG setup? I’m thinking prop speed/thrust differences as the hang glider flies faster with less drag? Probably a bunch of other things I haven’t considered.

Any thoughts gratefully received.

James

hello, i know people who also fly e-phg. in principle, the propellers themselves are used as with e-ppg. when climbing, the e-phg is a bit faster yes that’s right. but it doesn’t have a big impact. a good e-ppg needs about 10 kilowatts for a good climb. in the level just over 4 kilowatts. profi thermik e-ppg need about 3.2 kilowatts. e-phg also need around 10 kilowatts for a good climb and about 4 kilowatts in level. The e-phg therefore needs the same performance as the e-ppg because it has more takeoff mass. the efficiency is of course much higher since the e-phg flies at a higher speed and can therefore travel more distance with the same performance. about up to 40% more. (e-phg means electrically powered hang glider.) The values apply to e-phg with the pilot in the lying position. if you are sitting you need 20-30% more power because the air resistance is very large. there are also systems that are a mix of efficient position of the drive and sitting of the pilot. here is the power consumption in between. example from Germany: doodl(E)bug - YouTube