SP140 throttle pressure/resistance

Has anyone found a way to increase the resistance/spring pressure on the throttle? It’s so touchy (I’m in Chill mode) if it’s even bumped slightly. I was thinking that a stiffer spring in the plunger would do the trick but I’m really not engineering/developer type mind, so I’m not sure if that would do the trick.

I quite literally slipped a spring I bought at Home Depot on the exterior of the plunger. Found a pack of a dozen different sizes and tested a few to find the stiffest I could fit and still fully depress the throttle (since the spring is now taking up space between the controller body and the throttle lever).

I believe someone on the forums made a custom lever that has an indention made for a spring as well, but I haven’t tested that one yet myself.

The spring helps, but I still want a stiffer throttle feel. Eventually I’ll get around to trying that modified lever, or maybe carefully dremel out some space on the controller body and the lever and add a thicker spring.

I have the same issue. I’ve only flown it once last year during training before I crashed it on landing and had to rebuild… but every time i pulled the brake in my throttle hand the motor would kick in and was driving me crazy being unable to maintain level flight.

The other day I did something really stupid, I was running it on the ground and noticed a pinecone getting sucked towards the prop, so I stopped, switched throttle hands and leaned in to pick it up and suddenly it spun up, I didn’t even realize i put any pressure on the throttle… so… ALWAYS DISARM… luckily I was reaching below the hoop so not directly in the path of the blade, but i also wasn’t supporting the paramotor as I wasn’t expecting thrust, so it could have moved in dangerous ways.

so yeah, I really dislike the sensitivity of this throttle. A month ago I requested a more chill mode that could smooth out momentary inputs on the throttle.