I checked other posts for answers but couldn’t find any, so here goes… (I’m a total battery nerd so I can’t help myself; forgive me ePPG gods that have engineered the amazing SP140!
As for the new SP140 batteries:
- can a 4kWh pack be paralleled with a 2kWh pack, assuming both are fully charged, same voltage, etc.? I want to fly longer on my trike but I don’t want 80 lbs of batteries (rather go with 6kWh than 8kWh)
- Is the 2kWh pack the same physical size, i.e, have the same dimensions as the 4kWh pack? I’m assuming yes because it has to fit in the slot behind the motor.
- Do the 2kWh pack cells have a greater power delivery capability, i.e, are they different cells than the 4kWh pack? I ask because if you can fly with just one 2kWh pack it seems the C-rate on the cells in that pack must be greater. Unless you over-designed the pack in the first place to handle both scenarios.
- What is the nominal voltage of the pack? Or put another way, how many cells in series are used?
- What are the physical dimensions of the pack(s)?
I’m guessing since no one has their hands on an SP140 yet that these answers may only come from the top. I just want to start getting my trike ready.