SP140 Batch 3 shipping status?

My son is left-handed. If he wanted to put the throttle controller in his right hand, would it make sense to rotate the entire motor assembly 180 degrees so the throttle controller connector pins on the ESC(?) are on the right side?

Thanks!!! This video answers my questions.

Great question. Iā€™m also a lefty and would the throttle in my off hand. Opposite my reserve hand.

Does the cable for updates have to be a data cable or can any normal phone type charger with the right connector work??

Itā€™s a standard micro usb cable. You probably have half a dozen of them in a drawer somewhere.

Great to hear that the shipping of SP140 has started. I havenā€™t received any shipping information yet however. I placed the order May 9th. Any idea when mine will ship?

1 Like

Mine shipped yesterday and I got my email with tracking today!!

Yes, the excitement is building! I ordered mine on May 21st and am also waiting on the shipment confirmation. It would be nice to know when those who have received theirs placed their orders. I suppose itā€™ll come when it comes but canā€™t help wanting more info. Iā€™m anxious to start seeing posts from those lucky few who have received and flown theirs!

I ordered mine first week of April. But from the sounds of it the whole batch kinda gets shipped out somewhat at the same time. So probably soon for you hopefully

Ordered mine right after Valentines Day. Recieved notification of UPS label printed. Hasnā€™t shipped yet, according to tracking site.

I ordered one at the beginning of December that arrived yesterday. I ordered another one on February 11th that is arriving Thursday.

When my wing was shipped it said the same thing. Didnā€™t update the tracking info until it said out for delivery today.

Followup on the lefty questionā€¦ Iā€™m currently unpacking my motor and it looks like it may be somewhat challenging to make it suitable for left-handed use. The throttle controller is not symmetric and reversible. Thereā€™s a strap on one side (for right-handed users) that goes over the back of the hand to keep you from dropping the controller. You canā€™t swap it to the other side. I think it will take some tinkering (or 3D printing a new throttle controller housing) to have it work correctly if being held in the left hand.

Thanks for the reply. Iā€™ve looked at my throttle and see what youā€™re saying, but the strap is removable and with a little longer strap I think it attach to same points and then route under the ridge on the top rear(?) of the throttle and a right hand and back under the throttle (covering the USB) port to the same bottom attachment point.
I was wondering if the motor is centered with respect to the mount bracket such that rotating the mount 180 degrees will still maintain the motor in the same relative position to the frame? I guess I can just rig a way to get measurements of my own. Or get extra lock nuts so I can bolt things up in different configs and check it relative to the frame.

Just received the ā€œSpecial tips and updatesā€¦ā€ email. Looks like theyā€™ve bumped out the expected ship window by a couple of weeks. This info helps me manage my expectations a little but itā€™s still disappointing. Iā€™m sure they are doing their best. As they say patience is a virtue! (I still want it NOW!). Guess Iā€™ll go kite some more

2 Likes

I feel your pain. But I like that we are getting a free upgrade when itā€™s available.

Regarding the resistor in the battery connectorā€¦ besides making sure the connector is plugged in all the way before running the motor, Iā€™d also recommend that when charging the battery, connect the charger to the battery FIRST, BEFORE plugging the charger into the wall. When I tried to charge my battery for the first time, I had the charger plugged into the wall (powered up) first, and then I tried to connect it to the battery. So when I got the connector about halfway in (and got stuck because the second half takes a bit of force), I heard a disconcerting sizzling noise coming from the connector, which I assume was the resistor trying to deal with the current coming from the charger. Since the charger doesnā€™t have a power switch, it seems prudent to connect the battery first, make sure the connector is pushed in all the way, and then plug the charger into the wall.

Maybe this is in the instructions somewhere, but I havenā€™t read any instructions yet! Iā€™m just putting it all together based on the video.

2 Likes

Great tip!! Thank you.

Also, donā€™t forget that the Dudek harness has a manual with some close-up photos and other information that might help with assembly and ownership:

https://dudek.eu/en/produkt/powerseat-comfort-dp/

1 Like

Yes, the instructions with the charger say to plug to battery before plugging into power.

3 Likes