SP 140 on an X4 frame?

Hi from Queensland Australia where we are fortunate we can still fly… for now…

I’ve been flying single prop electric ppg since 2014 and been very much on the ‘bleeding edge’ - though thankfully not in the flying part. What has happened to this tech and sport in the past two years is impressive and much due to this community.

In Oz, we face the tyranny of distance to acquire components or products, which can be both difficult and expensive from shipping and taxes. Making things here is much better and open source offers amazing possibilities.

My challenge at the moment is that I have motors and controllers and the harness, but the frame design is nearly from the last century… and boring. The folding aspect of the original frame is very appealing … and can be made here…

So I’ve been wondering about the SP 140 … and why it’s not a bolt on to the X4 frame? It looks like some minor tweaking could accomodate the motor/controller and a harness for the battery. and the single prop can be fitted with a one bolt system for easy mounting and removal.

Would love to hear from the designers why the chose a new frame design…and anyone else who might want to try some mods…

2 Likes