This is the topic that describe the actual state of Revolt 0.1.
Many contents are old or photos taken during construction without any purpose to show specifically how it is done. I will however try to clearly integrate the drawings and I will be happy to answer any questions here on the forum.
But first, a short story
During the Kickstarter campaign, some investors came forward, including a paramotor pilot and sports fan.
He would have put all the money we asked in exchange for company shares.
I was fine because for me, the only reason to go in the market with the product is to have a budget to spend each year for research and development. This is what I only care.
So we canceled the campaign a few days from the end.
Later in the meetings with this investor we found a great divergence, he wanted to sell it only with “original" batteries, we would have to make a warehouse on every continent and the cost to the public would have reached $ 10,000.
Very far from my original idea to create a means for everyone and also involve the paragliding pilots who don’t approach the world of paramotors because they are scared because cost and maintenance.
So I turned down the investor’s money. This happened more than a year ago.
In the meantime, through the form of relauch I have reach more than 150 people who would like to buy it, I’m quite sure to reach the goal when/if relaunch the campaign. And many guys engineers want to help the develop for free!
So I’m more and more thinking about converting the whole project into open source and open hardware. Creating an online community where anyone finds the tools and instructions on how to build one.
Even this road is still difficult to undertake, I have to design a different frame design because the original design is owned by Yooda and also I have to write all the documentation that for now is only in my head, translate it in a simple way and give it with images and schemes. I’m a bit worried about someone messing up …with flight stuffs and with lithium polymer batteries you can not joke. I think that if something goes wrong and someone crash, people will probably stay away from the electric flight for another 10 years. So it’s a big responsibility.
The biggest budget when I started the Kickstarter campaign was to develop a software that can manage if something is wrong during the flight and limit/kill the power on some motors. (Example: preventing riser twist that with 3 motors on 4 can occur very quickly according to my tests )
Or if internal resistance even on a single cell is higher than normal, sure advice the pilot, but maybe limit the power.
Same thing for temperatures, rpm etc…
But today is a great day because I saw Paul’s prototype on YouTube, we start talking on skype and he has already set up a community called “OpenPPG”
This made my day great. Now I will finally have the right place to publish and discuss the new generation of electric paramotors.
Today I don’t have plan to earn from this, I would like only to bring the new electric model on this planet and have a “revenge" on all people who threw shit on the electric paramotor. I can not wait for see anyone build a 10x better vehicle and fly on their heads
I will add as soon as possible the posts with the details of each component except for the frame as the original design is owned by Yooda. And also because Paul did an extraordinary job!