Question on the bluetooth battery app?

Hi All; The latest delivery 3/2023 came with a bluetooth app for the battery management system. Couple questions…

1. Does the bluetooth connect to the battery when the battery is on? Or only when the controller is on?
  2. What is the name of the battery on the bluetooth controller? I have too many neighbors with nearby bluetooth devices.
  3. Is there a way to change the controller altitude from meters to feet?
    Thanks in advance.

The battery just has Bluetooth and there is a phone app to connect and see battery stats and change settings. The Bluetooth is not necessary to fly or anything like that it’s at the passive system.

The hang controller does not have Bluetooth and to change the settings you must plug it in over USBC to your computer. You can connect using the Open PPG configurator here OpenPPG SP140 Configurator - OpenPPG Config

You can change your units and there also.

I have to say that I really love your instruction videos. Very clear process for people to follow.

Could you do a similar video for operating the new bluetooth app (version 2.1.0) while charging? So many switches I’m afraid to mess with, and so much information I don’t know what to make of it.

I also got new sp140 this month. But don’t see the Bluetooth on my phone, tried it turned on, off, plugged into charger, no Bluetooth. Is there a trick to this?

Of course, make sure Bluetooth is turned on. Hit the single battery. It should come up while charging or while hooked up to the motor. Make sure the rocker switch on the battery is turned on too.

Make sure the phone is close to the battery too. To connect, the should be right next to each other

1 Like

Make sure you have the App on your phone and it’s open