Morning Guys / Gals
I was thinking yesterday about the issues that some of you are having with the electrical high current (this is a problem for switches, cables, interconnects).
Why if we are running 4 motors, 4 ESC’s and 4 batteries (for the bonka guys) don’t we run 4 “separate” systems. This can also work for the guys building 18650 batteries by just build 4 batteries.
My thinking is that we could monitor the voltage in all 4 packs. We could then give the readout of the lowest value on the hand controller.
- Cheaper electrical interconnects
- More reliable interconnects (less current)
- System redundancy if 1 motor / ESC combo goes down
- Max current should then be around 75A peak (according to the figures i have read on here “peak 300A”)
- As there is less current for the cables we may have better efficiency as there should be less heat in the system.
- Less flight time as we cant eek out the last of cell, by spreading power throughout system
- More complicated switch on system
- At present the controller only reads one voltage, i’m sure we could program in to monitor all 4 and then give the read out of the lowest pack
Let me know your thoughts