Paramotor gets terrible thrust

I would like to point out that other than a load test, your friend’s Omikron wing is totally uncertified. If I where him, I think there would only be about 5 days of the year with weather I would consider flying in.

haha, that’s what I’ve been waiting for :slight_smile: now we know who you are :wink:

1 Like

I’m now confused.

:slight_smile: I’m sure Dell is not a unique character in our world. Even in PPG. Makes no difference if he is or not.

1 Like

I like my wing the action gt seems solid. I only have a Little experience and 6k skydives, I’d love to try a 16 that took off easy

Flying a wing outside the manufacturer recommended weight rating has absolutely nothing to do with durability and everything to do with how it handles. A small wing will pick up a lot of energy that a new pilot wouldn’t know how to handle.

One thing Dell is good at is selling you on his products. He’s certainly done that!!! While his products may be good he will make sure you think that all other products will kill you! There are a lot of good stable wings out there! His aren’t the only way.

My son test flew a “Dominator” with a “Flattop” and there were things he really liked about both. So, I’m not here to bash Dells products.

There is a lot of experience in this forum all saying the same thing… a beginner shouldn’t be on a small wing. You should only fly in smooth air with the correct size wing. Also, you mentioned you want longer flight time and you won’t get that with a small wing either.

I have 29 years of experience flying paragliders. I added an extra 12 pounds of battery to my OpenPPG and I didn’t like how much it changed the handling of my wing. So I upgraded to a slightly larger wing of a newer model and I love it.

2 Likes

I will start with a wing in my skill range. I am a pretty light weight person so even being a beginner I wont need a very large wing.

I must say the Dominator/K2 was primarily designed as a hike and fly wing. So was designed it to produce more lift in a smaller wing to help guarantee you can take off the first try and you so can carry a smaller wing up the mountain. In the end Dell needs to fly something like an XXXS wing to match the speed of some of the XS wings on the market, but the same person with about the same ease could launch and fly either wing.

If the wing is designed to be fast then why would he need his wing to be smaller to match the speed of any other wing? Sounds like he’s trying to force a slow wing to go fast by adding weight.

That’s sort of it. Wing loading gives any wing it’s speed. Without wing loading as you know any wing will just flutter out of the sky.

Dell when measuring top speed will add weight to a wing until at full trims out and full throttle he maintains a level altitude.(He only does this while measuring top speed) So for him he has gone the fastest on the dominator. There are other faster wings but all the wings that Dell has tested can’t hold altitude while maintaining a faster speed than the Dominator.

I miss spoke in my last post. With full trims out the dominator is the same speed as any other high EN-B wing and most EN-C wings. Sky paragliders said," The Cima K2 has the performance to rival any standard class paraglider." I shouldn’t have said that the wing was that much slower. I meant to compare it with the new high speed reflex wings. It is still a very high lift wing.

I think Tucker Gott was taking a 16m2 wing in the 55mph range without any added weight, but he couldn’t maintain altitude. Dell when doing high speed tests needed a 14m2 wing with lots of extra weight to hit the same roughly 55mph speed granted he was maintaining altitude.

Dell definitely has you sold. Like I said before, my son liked that wing when he test flew it and it probably is a good wing. Speed should be the least of your worries right now though. Safety should be your top priority. And thorough training on a mountain. Even the best wing will kill you if you fly into rotor. That’s like saying even the best boat will kill you if you drive it over a waterfall. So careful with the hype about how good the wing is.

the tas of the wing is measured professionally. people like dell or other pilots who fly well but don’t understand anything about technology, aerodynamics and physics measure with cell phones and gps. you always show that you are far from aerodynamics.

Very true. No mater how safe it may be you can still die on it if you don’t know what your doing. Even if you do know what you are doing on the safest gear you can die. I’m fairly sold on the wing but it likely won’t be my first as I may need to save some money for a one and I can get a nearly brand new wing from Dell for around 1/3 the price of a very used Dominator.

I will say Dell doesn’t know much about the wings. What he does know is the wings that he has tested with lower aspect ratios do better at higher speeds and he like the feel of them better. Other than that he knows that he loves the feel and the safety of the Dominator and it outperforms the other wings he tests.

I would like if he could get some type of system with a barometer, air speed sensor, altimeter, and all that other good stuff so he could base his tests more on hard numbers instead of what he sees.

This topic was automatically closed after 46 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.