New MGM controller

Hi, a few years ago I sold 2 different versions based on the Isie Cockpit V2 for paramotor and trike, which isie produced exclusively for me.
An inductive version for all esc and a special one that reads the RS 232 from the MGM directly. All stocks are currently sold out.

There may be another series for sale from mid-2022. You can find information and pictures partly here in old posts or on my Facebook page “Thomas Brandstetter Customparamotors” (Feb. 2, 2020) You can read directly with the translation version of Facebook.

Alternatively, you can also order and use the RC version of the isie cockpit with external sensors direktly from isie or stores for Isie. The user interface is then different from my versions, but also usable. RC pilots who understand and program modern remote control systems well can also work well with the RC isie cockpit. Another version if you want to work with inductive current measurements is the Jeti Box Profi.

Here I especially love the GPS and Vario sensors which are extremely precise as well as the task measurement on fast wings to make efficiency comparisons of propellers or even wings.

I log everything in 1 sec. with isie devices and also with Jeti that for me mostly for gps and baro as well as speed / tas, temp. is used. I hope the translator works correctly. regards

Hi AC… attached is a pic of a display I’m working on that takes data from the CAN port. It has a rechargeable 9v battery, off/on switch and a 3d printed case with colour screen. total parts cost is about $20. A mate is making it and I hope to publish the files when finished and working.

Bingo! Thanks to this comment, we were able to figure it out. Basically, the impedance of the isolator is quite low, and it takes a strong source to be able to power it. When @AC-5M was using a 3.3V USB<–>serial dongle, the output voltage was dropping to ~2.5V when it was plugged into the controller.

However, when switching to a 5V dongle, the output voltage “only” dropped to ~3.5V.

The MGM screen doesn’t exhibit the same voltage drop because its output impedance is much lower, i.e. the source is much stronger.

So when hooking up to the MGM isolated controllers, if you’re encountering issues makes sure to examine the voltage at the controller’s input pins.

Hi mate re 30063 MGM can you help cant rig up throttle pot to work.

Can you send me a pic of your throttle input please? The orange and Brown wires don’t seem to be the correct ones set from the factory.