New member and willing to help!

I just joined the group after researching and watching a lot of SP140 videos and want to purchase one in the near future and thought I would introduce myself to the group. I have been a fixed wing pilot since 1988 (I am 54 years old), and currently hold a private pilot license with instrument rating, but have never flown PPG. I have signed up for training that starts in about 2 weeks in Rockingham, NC. I live on the beach in Oak Island, NC.

I am a police officer and recovering software engineer with over 30 years professional software development experience, including microcontrollers and Arduino. I have been looking through the source code on GitHub and will be happy to help in any way I can.

Because I operate on a relatively tight budget and will only be able to afford one rig, I am hoping the SP140 V2 frame will fit the bill for me. I’d like to be able to (relatively) easily swap engines between electric and ICE, keeping everything else the same, and this looks very promising. So I probably won’t be making any major purchases until that frame is available.

Anyway, I’d appreciate any feedback or ideas on how I could help with software development and very much look forward to my new hobby. - Todd

3 Likes