New battery advances

If I had a dollar for every battery advancement promise…I am just kidding. Hopefully one of these days it makes it to large scale production.

3 Likes

So many companies now looking for the Holy Grail of battery – they know it will be a trillion + dollar formula.
Fingers crossed for sooner rather then later.
Cheers

Here is another one that looks promising but we shall see. I first saw them on a Nova program on PBS. Not only cheaper and lighter but extremely safe!

They must be doing something right to get 65 big ones backing
I know I will feel better if I have these batteries and someone is shooting at me:rofl:
Cheers, Patrick

1 Like

Here’s a few of the lead new battery tech contenders:

TLDR: It’ll be at least 2-3 years before anything really significant is available commercially.

Until then we’ll have to make due with our 40 min fight time :wink:

1 Like

http://www.newsfortw.com/2018/08/07/the-next-major-innovation-in-batteries-might-be-here/

They have a nerve stating “Holy Grail”
They wont state how many cycles their bats will do, more than 50 and still 3 hrs to charge
Just another company getting some press to get more funding
I know a better battery is around the corner - it just aint today :wink:
Cheers

1 Like

New article - lots of numbers, some poor ones as well, only 300 cycles??
Solid Power raises $20 million
Cheers, Patrick

1 Like

“At 300 watt-hours per kg (Wh/kg) it beats the energy density of current lithium-ion batteries, which come in at less than 250 Wh/kg. But the battery only functions properly at temperatures above room temperature and up to 150°C (300°F).”

Won’t work for us with this temp requirement. Anyway, this is at least few years away from hitting the market.

1 Like

Looks interesting! I like the case and the built in fan. I sent inquiry to them for what it would cost and if it could handle 300amps.