Ned's Batch 4 Build

Here are the files for my latest version of the harness standoffs:

Harness Strap Standoff - Standoff Right.stl (634.7 KB)
Harness Strap Standoff - Standoff Left.stl (628.3 KB)

I used different connectors on my friends build and ended up having to redesign my original connector cover. So if the original ones don’t work for you then you could use this design:

Connector Cover 2 - Bottom.stl (250.4 KB)
Connector Cover 2 - Top.stl (248.1 KB)

One other item I haven’t uploaded is a twist lock pin for the horizontal battery rails. Use a 30mm bolt as a pin. A spring pushes the bolt out and a lever locks it open:

Twist Lock 6mm Travel - Part 2.stl (873.9 KB)
Twist Lock 6mm Travel - Part 1.stl (650.5 KB)

3 Likes

Hi Paul Gliderpilot.
Please could you clarify how the webbing strap is routed through your harness strap standoffs. The way I have it, the strap passes through the lower slot, then loops internally within the standoff then exits thru the top slot. So the strap makes no contact with the rear carbon frame (the one to which the batteries are mounted). Is that correct?? What was the purpose of these standoffs? thanks

Hi Andrew, it sounds like you installed the harness standoffs backwards. You need to swap them left to right and flip the over. The webbing goes through the top slot, out the top slot on the battery side then through the bottom slot which directs it back out the top slot again.

This makes it much easier to fold because the webbing makes a hinge of sorts. It also backs the carbon so it doesn’t bend.

This shows the path without the standoff and explains it further:

This shows it with my original stand-off design which threads the same way just has a different shape:

Thanks Paul. I swapped them around & it works fine now. My x4 is finally ready now. I like it a lot. A bit more ground testing & hang check then looking forward to 1st flight.

2 Likes