Bille
March 28, 2026, 4:57pm
1
Does anyone have a damaged 1/2 , from the 140cm , SP140 Bi-Blade prop
that they would consider selling ? I don’t need the both sides of the propeller
I need to make a different hub that will accommodate a folding prop
for my rigid wing Atos glider ; so where the prop now bolts to the hub
will need to be molded in a different way, I’m really good at molding
and fabricating carbon parts.
Thanks : Bille
Alban
March 30, 2026, 11:21am
2
hello, no damaged blade for sale, but for what I know, blades should be paired. Quote e-props website : “Never fly with an E-PROPS propeller if the blades are not paired.“ (E-PROPS: the best Propellers for Paramotors PPG, hi-tech & ultra-light )
Bille
March 30, 2026, 3:28pm
3
The blade “Will” be paired ; paired to another blade that’s made from the same
mold with a different Hub arraignment modified for a Folding Prop. Appariently
I didn’t do a very good job of explaining in the OP.
In the end both blades will be mass balanced for center of rotation , and
will weigh exactly the same when done ; That is not easy to do unless
your trained to do so , and I know how to do it.
Thanks for your concern ; you made a valad and Very Important point !!!
Bille
I will not sell this modified blade ; someone wants one then they will
need to come make their own from my mold. You will need to be familiar
with the use of composites , and prove it to me ; before ya start building
your blades.
Alban
March 31, 2026, 7:16am
4
hi, when I see on the e-props website that the same mold provide blades with differences in weight and need proper evaluation to check balance, it’s good that you can do it on your own.
Bille
March 31, 2026, 10:58am
5
Yes and the difference can be the epoxy content , or fiber count ; just 1g
can make a noticeable difference as you run up through different rpm’s.
When you change the weight from fixing a stone chip in a blade for instance ; both
blades should be rebalanced , and if there not then it puts extra stress on the motor
shaft.
Bille
qa2
(QA)
April 22, 2026, 3:24pm
6
How will this hub look like?
Here is an Explorer hub. Not my idea of optimum.
Bille
April 23, 2026, 4:35pm
8
That one looks easy to build , (Thanks) !!!
I was going to copy a folder off a powered hang gliding harness , and I also have a budy who has one on a sailplane ; but it’s made kinda over-Kill. That propeller end is exactly what I had in mind ; wrapping tuns of Uni around a Brass bushing.
Bille
adoepner
(Andrew Doepner)
May 14, 2026, 2:31pm
9
Very curious to see what you come up with! A folding prop for this powertrain opens up a lot of options for other platforms.
Bille
May 17, 2026, 8:14pm
10
@ Andrew
Folding props have bin a main-stay for motor-gliders over a Bunch
of years , and Variable pitch has bin around since WWII ; placing the separate
technologies together is not a seriously difficult problem. The real problem is this
human flaw known as , (Functional Fixedness) ; it’s a cognitive bias in problem
saluving , once a solution has bin given, and it also could apply to status of Ego where
your friends may laugh at ya for thinking different from them . Ya see … I really don’t
care what people think of me ; it’s the reason I got sponsored from a large prosthetic
company to come up with a different way of building product. I bin walking on two fake legs
since 2008 ; and the way there made , it really sucks for the user. I kite board, snow ski, jump
off mountains with Rigid Wings, and Paragliders with my fake legs , and at 73 still manage
to get laid every once and a while ; but the product needs a Lot of improvement , and so
does my soon to be Atos VRX motor-glider. That wing has a 15m span !!
Bille