Lipo containment box

Expensive but worth it in my opinion.
I shelled out the money and purchased a Lipo battery fire containment box. It makes me feel better knowing that I have a higher level of protection during battery transport or storage at home since the Lipos should be kept as close as possible to room temperatures and it can be really cold or hot where I live, hence keeping the SP battery outdoors not being an option. I understand that most Lipo fires take place during the charging phase with sometimes lower quality products (batteries or chargers). People’s lack of educations about Lipos proper care does not help. I have been flying the SP from the first day they were produced a few years back and never had an issue, … my house is still standing😁 but now I can relax a bit more knowing the odds of not getting a Lipo thermal runaway are tilting in my favor because of the box.
I also have an inverter to bring the battery voltage to storage level when not flying for a week or longer. I believe the two (inverter and containment box) should be part of electric PPG pilots equipment. Chances are that no disaster will ever happen but I am not willing to take that chance.
I teach PG and PPG and now recommend my students to get those two items.
Good read: UL1642 Certification for LiPo Battery

Happy Flying!
Phil

3 Likes

It fits like you have ordered specifically for this battery! :astonished:
Anithing you can tell us about the box like what is the boxes principle of containing a fire, any presure holles?

Funny cartoon :sweat_smile:

There is another box a bit thinner but I plan on getting a pillow for mine and the extra space will help. You can read more about the product on their site.
From the company recently:
Philippe,
Glad to know you received the box and the battery fits.
We are confident in the cases ability to contain the fire within the case based on other batteries of similar size and capacity.
I may recommend a Medium Cirrux Pillow for the top of the case.

1 Like

800!
buy a cheap aluminum or steel box and wrap it in a fibreglass welding sheet/blanket.
Cheers

1 Like