Latest CAD Files

Good day,

Does anybody have a copy of the latest CAD files for the frame?

Thanks

If it helps, I have taken the GIThub *.STP files and built those into a frame in AutoCAD Inventor. Replicating the duplicate parts and applying constraints. Would this Inventor model help you?

Otherwise go to Mechanical/Airframe/STEP at master · openppg/Mechanical · GitHub for the stp files. Although, they are two years old in there!

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the reply - but I’m happy with the Solidworks files they’re just 2 years old, I just wondered if newer files may have been available

I just bought a batch 6 x4 but im curious about using these step files to help me in the construction and just general knowledge. Im a complete idiot with tech can anyone direct me to a free program I can use to read the step files.

Just out of interest Richard, did you alter the hole alignments for the gooseneck bar mounts where they attach to the front & rear main plates?

I’ve just started to organise the parts from the STL folder roughly in blender and they are out by a little.

Chris

Hi Chris.

There are a lot of considerations and tweaks required to build the paramotor from the supplied kit. Some parts missing, some wrong, some faulty and a general lack of build information. But I do not recall any issue with mounting the gooseneck bars. My CAD model and my actual frame have the holes lining up OK.

Richard.