Just for kicks!

I’ve been obsessed with flight my whole life and now with PPG. I like to do all the prep in my head and imagine being in the air while waiting for my dream to take flight. So no worries, I’ll get trained and make equipment decisions AFTER getting professional training. So just for kicks, I’m curious to hear people’s suggestions for equipment. I’m 6’2" and weight 260#s. I’d be flying off the coast of West Africa. Due to the various wind conditions on the beach and the high potential for thermals, I’d want the most stable and easiest setup to fly. Thoughts?

Ozone Mojo seems to be a pretty popular beginner wing. Tucker Gott has a video on it.

1 Like

Funny, that’s the one that has stuck out the most to me. Given my size, I’m also intrigued by the possibility of flying a set-up that is super light and powerful.

There should be only one reply to questions like this:

Get training first!!

The trainer usually has gear that you can use for your first flights, you will then learn what equipment will work best for your skills and style.

don’t go out there and buy stuff based on what you read on the internet.

1 Like

etienne,

I was sadly anticipating responses like yours. I assume you didn’t read the title, “Just for kicks” and didn’t read where I stated “…no worries, I’ll get trained and make equipment decisions AFTER getting professional training”. It is critical for people to not buy equipment before getting trained, as I clearly stated in my previous post. So please continue to spread this most important message, but please don’t tell those who clearly understand this point, and please don’t take away from the dreams I have about my future in taking to the skies. Stay safe and be well!

1 Like