Jettisoning the packs

Great video!

Sure for the pilot it is the most save and easy to let the bateries go.

I like to fly high in clean air so i will stay over 300 meters over ground most time.

In my case the problem with a webbing load will start at the contact of the load with the ground - or any obstacle…

But as i wrote bevore, we dont let go the bateries for fun so a reservelanding could also be a solution not to be forced to drop a load that heavy without time to “aim”.

But a webbing would burn anyway in short time so the decision to land it or not could be obsolete. But to cut it away total short time after first pull could work eventual with iron nerves.

1 Like

Putting three rings here would be like putting 4 on a skydiver. Even with no mechanical advantage ie. (Pin and loop) they could be jettisoned in a high g scenario. It takes roughly half of a pound on each riser to hold a human with three rings. a 2 g situation which would very extreme would put the same weight on the mechanism as a normal riser has in smooth flight. 4 gs is not possible in my opinion and that’s what it would take to see similar forces as malfunctioned main.

Kite surfers use and awesome mechanism for releasing. My favorite by far though for this is the design made for winching paragliders

Unless it’s made of metal it’s burning

Your numbers fit to that video:

Not much over 3 g here

Also here on a hookturnlanding not much over 2…

Found anorher video of landings.

There you see where the flare starts and what the speed could be about.
2 Likes

Wow 3 g! I had no idea, that’s some serious weight. I thought 2 was pushing it. These wings are incredible compared to skydiving wingsx

Simplified and updated my Bonka jettisoning system.

while taking all necessary precautions😂

1 Like