Inverter working great with my half hour batteries!

I finally had to use the inverter for real. Three days ago the conditions looked ok for a spin but when I arrived at the site, the parking lot gates were closed and a sign read “Closed for dune erosion”. Bummer! We had a nasty storm last weekend here on Long Island.
I drove back home with a fully charged battery. The weather did not improve. Rain and higher wind speeds are in the forecast. So, I connected the inverter to the half hour battery and turned the ceramic heater ON at the lowest setting to the inverter.
The heater cranked heat for about 1:20:00. The two fans inside kicked in regularly to keep the box just about cold. Happy with the result so far. It took about two weeks to arrive from China. Bough it on eBay. Ordered the 110V version for the US.
I check the voltage 30mn later and the voltage went back up to 87.1V from 85V when I stopped the discharge. Around 87V is where I wanted my storage voltage to be.

3 Likes

Can you post a description, or better yet, a link for the inverter?

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks Phil !!

You will have to adapt an Anderson plug to the two cables included with the inverter and make sure to order the model with the proper voltage - 110V or 220V.
Phil