Inverter for the sp battery

With Bill’s help and Paul who sent me the Anderson plug I needed. I cut and soldered the ends of the cables that came with the inverter from China to the Anderson plug. I then connected my half hour battery to the inverter. Connected a small ceramic heater to the inverter. Turned the inverter ON and then turned the heater ON at the lowest setting. It all worked perfectly. The voltage dropped to the desired level in just a few minutes. I kept an eye on the screen. Turned the heater OFF, then the inverter OFF and disconnected the Anderson plug from the battery. I actually lowered the voltage a bit too much on the first test and had to recharge the battery to about 87V. Thanks Bill!
I have two 1/2 hour batteries and the weather is going to be lousy for a while so, now I can keep the voltage where it should be during storage😃

2 Likes

Phil,
First…nice job!!
The inverter has really helped me!..just like you, some days I “parawait” at the beach…don’t fly, and the weather takes a dive.:face_with_diagonal_mouth:. I will be para-waiting at the beach tomorrow with fingers crossed! If it is not flyable the next day, I have my inverter in the ole tool chest.:+1::+1: I think it is a “must” to maintain battery health.
Bill

1 Like

Good ideea dropping the batt voltage if not flown. I didn’t know about inverters so I use an infrared heater that I assemble in two minutes. It draws about 350-400wh, so in about 2,5 hrs my batt is arround 3.8v/cell with 1kwh out from the 2.8kwh battery.
Wouldn’t want it faster so it won’t count for a cycle, not even half a cycle.
Had to discharge it three times this winter untill now and not much flying because of changing weather.

2 Likes

What is your battery configuration?

It’s 24s 8p, have the project here on the Builds section.