How to connect 6 Bonkas

Thanks, I will try this option, were you able to get 8 gauge wire in the terminal? Did you crimp? or Solder?

I removed the yellow plastic and pried open the terminal just a little to insert the 8 awg wire. Then I closed the terminal around the wire but did not crimp and I saturated it really good with solder and a powerful soldering iron. The ones with the yellow plastic still on them are 10 awg.

What do you think of my connector?

3 Likes

Looks good! Make sure the bolt is really tight. Hopefully your crimps are really good too… I prefer solder but if the crimps are good you should be fine.

I am thinking a nylock nut or double nut should be used or some blue loctite
Cheers

I think higher torque is more effective than nylon lock. Nylon lock works good for applications where you can’t torque the nut tight. It won’t hurt though.

Carful with loctite not to contaminate the connectors.

The only thing I remember about nuts from machine shop in high school…
Coarse threads for needed strength conditions, fine threads for high vibrations conditions.:smile:

1 Like

Nyloc isn’t used for electrical connections normally as the nylon could melt if the joint gets hot.

Very good point!

Thank you for that knowledge.

I am liking the blue gel stuff – holding well and not runny like the liquid red stuff I have used in the past so you dot need to worry about it running off the threads.

Cheers

Doing some research on terminal connections, the pros recommend using flange nuts as the base nut to compress the terminals together better. Unknown

1 Like

I believe they make bolts like that too… otherwise the nut flange won’t have any surface opposing it.

Actually… if you look at the picture the nut covers almost the entire connector anyway.

For static amount of bats yes – I want to be able to add various amounts - min 4 but up to 12, so the intermediates for that ease

Cheers