How do I repair netting?

What’s the recommended way to fix a break in the netting?

Just the one so far. Hoping this isn’t an indication of more.

The edges of the carbon are quite abrasive and not very friendly to the net. There are lots of videos on YouTube about repairing nets and how to tie net knots. It works best if you can find close to the same twine for the repairs.

I knitted my own replacement net with Dyneema line and it holds up well. The SP 140 uses Dyneema as well. Not sure if the knot spacing is the same but I wonder if that could be used as a replacement/upgrade for the X4

I guess that particular knot was catching the edge of the carbon and collecting extra wear. It broke in flight and I flew I again like that today. Thinking I’ll keep am eye on things, more so than normally, and repair it when the flying weather abates.

Thanks! What line did you get and where did you get it? Fishing line?

Greg,
Go to this link on my Batch 3 build album. I had the same problem, so, I watched GliderPilot (Paul’s) videos and a few more on YouTube. A complete net was easy…but all knots are NOT the same…some netting knots will slip. The ones that I used don’t. With a little practice, you will become a pro at net repair in no time! :+1: Also, I used the “fuzzy” velcro that has adhesive on one side to pad the CF edges where it is wearing the most. It makes the net last much longer. A photo is attached and also a link to the album.
Bill

2 Likes

Be sure to click the “Down” arrow after the “BUILDS” link.