How can he get 55 minutes of flight time?

How can this guy get 55 minutes of flight time with a 72 amp hour battery.

Video claims is realtime, with 55 minutes from takeoff to landing.

And we cannot even get 30 minutes with 4 bonkas, which equals to 88 amp hour battery?

Granted, he is a skinny guy (67kg=148lbs) But still. Something does not add up here.

Any thoughts?

I don’t see a voltage mentioned. Without that, you can’t compare total energy. Looks like there’s a brochure for the Paracell here Paramotor paracell v12 series 2018 by Paracell Products - Issuu but the units are confused there too.

We only have 44 Ah with four bonkas because two packs are in series.

As stated by others, you need to compare total energy, not just capacity.

I am providing this copy and paste of my email for information purposes only! I don’t/won’t have a Facebook account so I haven’t look at those links. It appears to be a quality unit but the cost for overseas shipping alone is a hard nut for me to crack.

Hi Rus,

thanks for your interest in Paracell Products.

Paracell Products is the leading manufacturer of electric paramotors in the world and we export to 5 continents.

The shipping cost (door a door) to Ohio plus special packing for dangerous material (batteries lithium) is about 400€, actually, the prices for this year 2019 are the same than the last year 2018
Attached I send you more information and sale prices.

You must choose a battery and add to the final price, we have two options HL 62Ah standard Range or HL 75Ah Long Range.
For your peace of mind, our engines and batteries have been tested by the best pilots in the world.
Film for Red Bull Denmark and 5 times world champion Acro paragliding
Horacio Llorens.

Also a pilot Manuel Tejeiro Acro pilot paramotor.

Here our dealer in Norway

All order forms are accepted with advance bank transfer.
The shipping terms after confirmation of purchase order and payment are 4-5 weeks.

More information and as an example a Titanium or Aluminium Chassis

COMPLETE WEIGHT ON PARACELL V12.2 SERIES GOLD KIT WITH BATTERIES, READY TO BE INSTALLED ON OPTIONAL

Paracell V12.2 Series Gold Kit With HL + 49Ah Battery Pack Weighing 21.2kg
Paracell V12.2 Series Gold Kit With HL + 62Ah battery pack weighs 23.8kg
Paracell V12.2 Series Gold kit with HL + 75Ah battery pack weighing 26.4kg

COMPLETE WEIGHT WITH Chassis titanium and Apco Harness paramotor

Complete weight with HL + 49Ah battery pack: 26.8kg
Complete weight with HL + 62Ah battery pack: 29.4kg
Complete weight with HL + 75Ah battery pack: 32 kg

COMPLETE WEIGHT WITH Chassis titanium and Apco Harness paramotor Split Legs

Complete weight with HL + 49Ah battery pack: 26.3kg
Complete weight with HL + 62Ah battery pack: 28.9kg
Complete weight with HL + 75Ah battery pack: 31.5kg

E-paper 2018

For up to date info and photos on new products releases, “Like” us on Facebook!!!
Paracell

Best Regards
Javier Hernández
Paracell Products

Here is some relevant information from a test flight review article.

Google translate German to English:

Flight times, an outlook What the person interested in electric flight really wants to know is the "how long can I fly" question. Unfortunately, that is not easy to answer. It depends largely on the paraglider, but also on the weight and the general "condition" of the air masses. Yes, there is - even independent of thermal - large-scale air masses that significantly improve or worsen the sinking of an aviation device. Reflective umbrellas from the paramotor area are generally not very suitable for e-flight. The circulated flight times of about one hour seem optimistic and are probably only possible with slight thermal support. What seems realistic to us in completely shadowed, "dead" conditions or we have flown, was 42 minutes with an Ozone Mantra 4 (high performance) in size L with a takeoff weight of about 120 kg.

A single large propeller is also more efficient than 4 smaller ones so that definitely helps

A lot more efficient, but the machine is not as portable.

Engineering is a trading game…

3 Likes

Hi, I have a Paracell with 75ah battery.
I weight 95 kg “naked”. When I add helmet, radio, boots, camera etc I’m well into the 100+ kg range.
And that’s “pilot weight” not counting the Paramotor itself.
When I used this machine with my reflex wing (Ozone Freeride 21m) my flight times were around 35 to 40 minutes.
When I got a new free flying wing (NOVA Speedmax2 28m) my flight times improved a lot.
Now 50+ minutes in the air is normal. The secret is attention to the vario (a must using some kind of flight instrument), to make sure you are using the least amount of throttle to keep level flight.
Also, as the charge gets lower so do the thrust.
An aborted landing with 5% battery means you have to go around on full power and barely climbing at all.

1 Like

That is still a big wing – I have a MaxPara Muse4 Powered 27meter,not sure of how the compare.
The vario is a good idea!
Cheers

The units in that brochure are all over the place. Not exactly encouraging.

The SP140 suggests close to an hour as well, so I imagine it’s small efficiency improvements in all areas plus a battery that has more usable energy than the 4 Bonkas.

the best systems in the world need 3 kilowatts at 85 kg pilot. standard about 4 to 4.5 kilowatts. as an example: if someone claims that he is flying with a battery that has 2.5 kilowatt hours an hour he is a magician. You can easily check the flight time over the kilowatt hours of the battery. Of course, the EPPG must be perfect and have an efficiency of 90% or in other words an output of at least 4.8 grams thrust / 1 watt output. paracell its information is correct. javier weighs approx. 65 kilograms and flies a very powerful wing and knows how to fly efficiently.