Heads up Display?

Hi Everyone, I’ve been wondering about using a heads up display. does anyone have any experience with that? I found this: > This Head-up Display Mounts to Your Bicycle Helmet | Digital Trends

would love to get something like that happening. anyone interested?

I was looking at this too. Then: Sick of complex flight instruments when Paramotoring ? Try STUFLY ! - YouTube

2 Likes

Looks like the data has to go through their proprietary app (which isn’t rated too great). Cool concept though!
Note: if anyone is interested in custom applications like this and willing to donate hardware to hack on I’m more than happy to help integrate with OpenPPG

Appreciated your linked video, lanata. I have a 3-yr old Garmin watch that’s been relegated to my top drawer since I moved to Samsung Gear. I may dust the Garmin off and try StuFly with it when I take up PPG this winter.
Have you tried StuFly personally? Impressions?
Steve M.

Haven’t tried it. I am at the same stage as you. I was just starting to buy equipment when I saw it and thought “that was lucky” hence the share. Here’s an update: Stufly Updated to work on ALL 67 GARMIN smartwatches ! Plus Vertical Speed Added ! - YouTube

Cheers,
Steve

1 Like

I love StuFly, and I use it to record every flight. That said, I have to stare a fair bit to read numbers like altitude while flying. I really like the idea of a heads-up display.

1 Like

OOOH…Good point, slinger. I’m old enough that readers are often required to see the smaller display bits on my watch. I’ll give it a try, though. I already have a compatible watch, so “the price is right.”
Steve M.

I just picked up a Garmin Fenix 3 and loaded StuFly – looks like it will do all I need for flying around the field area for now. I will mount it on my Flex Wing Trike Bar.