Flying legally in Canada

I’m trying to figure out what exactly I need in order to fly legally in Canada.

So to to legally fly paramotor in Canada we need

• Pilot Permit - Ultra-light Aeroplane or higher
  • Cat 4 medical (self declaration, Form 26-0297)
  • Registration

I do have a Canadian PPL which includes ultra-light aircraft. I don’t currently have a cat 3 medical which I’d need for “PPL flying” but from what I read on this TC website

Medical fitness is normally established by means of a medical examination conducted by a Civil Aviation Medical Examiner (CAME) or in the case of an applicant for a Pilot Licence - Glider, Pilot Permit - Ultra-light Aeroplane or Pilot Permit - Recreational - Aeroplane, through completion of a Civil Aviation Medical Declaration

which I read that as as long as I have my PPL license and cat 4 medical form filled out and valid and both with me, I’m good to fly from a licensing perspective, just because I have a PPL doesn’t mean I have to have a cat 3 medical in this case.

I also have a Paragliding P3 from HPAC but I don’t think that matters at all here.

Anyone know if that’s correct?

I’m not sure I understand your one statement saying ''just because I have a PPL doesn’t mean I have to have a cat 3 medical in this case". If you have a PPL in canada you need a valid category 3 medical otherwise your PPL license is invalid if you don’t have this medical check. So I would think you need to go get a category 3 medical exam, this would validate your PPL and give you the requirements you need.

I think you need min. 5 hours on type of aircraft under supervision. if you have an active PPL license.
for Paramotor, just Cat4 is fine.